The SIM Card Registration began in December 27, 2022. In response to the law, various Telecommunications Companies in the Philippines have prepared their registration links so users can register their SIM cards with ease. Below is the set of instructions by Globe on how to register your SIM Card as its subscriber online. Register now before the July 26, 2023 deadline!
Table of Contents
- Where to register your Globe SIM online?
- What information is required for the Globe SIM Card Registration?
- What type of Government ID card should I prepare for my SIM Card Registration?
- How do I register as a Globe Postpaid/Platinum customer?
- Can I register multiple SIM cards?
- When will the registration end?
- What happens if I fail to register my Globe SIM Card?
Where to register your Globe SIM online?
For Globe, TM, or Globe AT Home Prepaid WiFi customers, you may register via the official registration link https://new.globe.com.ph/simreg starting December 27. If you encounter any issues while on the page, it may be due to high traffic. So, make sure to bookmark or note the registration link for easy access online during low traffic hours (ex. early morning).
Customers may also register via the GlobeOne app by January 2023.
What information is required for the Globe SIM Card Registration?
According to the Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of the Sim Card Registration Act, the following is the required information during your registration:
- Full Name
- Birth Date
- Type of Government ID + ID number
- Government ID with Photo
- A declaration that the information presented is true and correct
For Globe customers registering their SIM Cards for their company, additional information is required:
- SEC Certificate of Registration or DTI Registration
- Board Resolution designating the authorized representative
- In the case of other juridical entities, a Special Power of Attorney
For minors, you may register your SIM card under the name of your parent or legal guardian. The telco may require the parent’s/legal guardian’s valid ID and consent during registration.
Meanwhile, visiting foreigners/tourists, you are required to register your SIM. Said registration will only be valid for 30 days and shall automatically be deactivated. The following are the requirements:
- Proof of address in the Philippines (hotel or other type of accommodation, may also be affidavit/letter from the owner of the place which the foreign nationa is staying)
- Return ticket to country of origin with date and time of departure
For foreign nationals with other types of visa, please prepare the following documents:
- Proof of address in the Philippines
- Alien Certificate of Registration Identification Card (ACRI-Card) from the Bureau of Immigration or other types of official ID issued by any other visa-issuing agency OR Alien Employment Permit from the Department of Labor and Employment or School registration and ID for students
- For Persons of Concern (POC), please provide the type of travel or admission document issued by the Philippine Department of Justice
What type of Government ID card should I prepare for my SIM Card Registration?
See the full list of accepted IDs for your registration below:
- Philippine Identification System ID, or the Philippine Identification Card;
- Social Security Service ID;
- Government Service Insurance System e-Card;
- Driver’s License;
- National Bureau of Investigation clearance;
- Police clearance;
- Firearms License to Own and Possess ID;
- Professional Regulation Commission ID;
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID;
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration ID;
- Bureau of Internal Revenue ID;
- Voter’s ID;
- Senior Citizen’s card;
- Unified Multi-purpose Identification Card;
- A person with Disabilities card; or
- Other government-issued ID with photo
How do I register as a Globe Postpaid/Platinum customer?
According to Globe, its existing Postpaid, Platinum, and Business postpaid customers are already pre-registered by Globe using the information provided upon application. However, customers are advised to stand by since telco representatives may reach out to provide instructions or ask for additional requirements as needed by the SIM Card Registration Act.
Can I register multiple SIM cards?
YES. The registration does not only limit one SIM card per person. You can register multiple SIM cards under one name, but you must register EACH separately.
For example, if you have three SIM cards (Globe, Smart, DITO), you must register each through the different registration provided by each company.
On the other hand, if you have two or more Globe SIM cards, you must register each through the Globe portal, meaning you must repeat the same registration process until you have registered all of your Globe SIM cards under your name.
You may also read: NTC Declares SIM Registration July 26, 2023 Deadline Final
When will the registration end?
Registration began on December 27, 2022 and will end on July 26, 2023 after the DICT and NTC decided on a 90-day extension declared on April 25, 2023.
What happens if I fail to register my Globe SIM Card?
If you fail to register your Globe SIM card within the registration period, your SIM will be deactivated. This means you will not be able to use it for calls, text, data, and other mobile services.
To find out more about the SIM Card Registration Act, check out the following guides:
GLOBE SIM CARD REGISTRATION GUIDE:
- GUIDE: How to Register your Globe SIM for the SIM Card Registration Act?
- STEP BY STEP GUIDE: Globe SIM Card Registration for the SIM Card Registration Act
SMART SIM CARD REGISTRATION GUIDE:
- GUIDE: How to Register your Smart SIM for the SIM Card Registration Act?
- STEP BY STEP GUIDE: Smart SIM Card Registration for the SIM Card Registration
DITO SIM CARD REGISTRATION GUIDE:
- GUIDE: How to Register your DITO SIM for the SIM Card Registration Act?
- STEP BY STEP GUIDE: DITO SIM Card Registration for the SIM Card Registration Act
TM SIM CARD REGISTRATION GUIDE:
- GUIDE: How to Register your TM SIM for the SIM Card Registration Act?
- STEP BY STEP GUIDE: TM SIM Card Registration for the SIM Card Registration Act
TNT SIM CARD REGISTRATION GUIDE:
- GUIDE: How to Register your TNT SIM for the SIM Card Registration Act?
- STEP BY STEP GUIDE: TNT SIM Card Registration for the SIM Card Registration
SUN CELLULAR SIM CARD REGISTRATION:
More information to follow. Please bookmark this page for future reference. – WhatALife!
Also read: How to Register SIM Card in the Philippines?