Early this December, the Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of the SIM Card Registration Act was released. Registration begins on December 27, 2022. This blog will detail DITO’s SIM Card Registration guidelines, including official registration link.
Table of Contents
- Where to register your DITO SIM?
- What information is required for the DITO SIM Card Registration?
- What type of Government ID card should I prepare for my SIM Card Registration?
- How do I register as a DITO Postpaid customer?
- Can I register multiple SIM cards?
- When will the registration end?
- What happens if I fail to register my DITO SIM card?
Where to register your DITO SIM?
In a recent post by DITO on its official Facebook page, it informs users that NEW subscribers buying and registering the SIM on and after December 27, 2022, can register via the registration link sent via SMS to the number after card insertion.
Meanwhile, existing subscribers can register their DITO SIM via the DITO APP.
What information is required for the DITO SIM Card Registration?
According to the Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of the Sim Card Registration Act, the following is the required information during your registration:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Present/Official Address
- Government-issued ID
Minors may register their SIM. However, it will be registered under their parent/legal guardian’s name, plus the following information:
- Any government-issued ID of the parent or guardian
- Consent of the minor’s parent or guardian to register the SIM Card
A DITO SIM for businesses may also be registered using the following requirements:
- SEC Certificate of Registration
- Board Resolution designating the authorized representative or a Special Power of Attorney
For tourist and foreign nationals, the following are the required additional information for your DITO SIM card registration:
- Proof of Address in the Philippines
- Return ticket to own country showing date/time of departure from the Philippines
What type of Government ID card should I prepare for my SIM Card Registration?
See the full list of accepted IDs for your registration below:
- Philsys ID or National ID
- SSS ID
- GSIS e-Card
- Driver’s License
- NBI Clearance
- Police Clearance
- Firearms License to Own and Possess ID
- PRC ID
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID
- OWWA ID
- BIR ID
- Voter’s ID
- Senior Citizen Card
- PWD Card
- Other valid government-issued ID with a photo
How do I register as a DITO Postpaid customer?
If you are a DITO Postpaid user, you only need to wait for a DITO representative to get in touch with you for confirmation of details. This is because the telco can use the data you provided during the Postpaid service application for the SIM Card Registration.
Can I register multiple SIM cards?
YES. This is a common concern voiced by Filipinos, and fortunately, SIM card registration does not only limit one SIM card per person.
However, you must register EACH SIM card under your name. For example, if you have three SIM cards (DITO, Globe, Smart), you must register EACH SIM under your name through the different registration portals provided by each TelCo.
The same is true if you have two or more DITO SIM Cards. Register each SIM under your name, which means you must use the registration portal provided by DITO more than once.
You may also read: NTC urges users to register SIM cards before deadline
When will the registration end?
Registration begins on December 27, 2022, and end on April 26, 2023, following the 180 days deadline defined by the law. However, the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) may extend the registration up to 120 days. (Please standby for updates.)
What happens if I fail to register my DITO SIM card?
If you fail to register your DITO SIM card within the registration period, your SIM will be deactivated. This means you will not be able to use it for calls, text, data, and other mobile services.
Fortunately, you will be given a 5-day grace period to register and reactivate your SIM card.
If you still fail to register your SIM within the given grace period, it will result in permanent deactivation.
To find out more about the SIM Card Registration Act, check out the following guides:
- How to Register SIM Card in the Philippines?
- GUIDE: How to Register your Globe SIM for the SIM Card Registration Act?
- GUIDE: How to Register your Smart SIM for the SIM Card Registration Act?
- GUIDE: How to Register your DITO SIM for the SIM Card Registration Act?
- GUIDE: How to Register your TM SIM for the SIM Card Registration Act?
More information to follow. Please bookmark this page for future reference. – WhatALife!
Also read: How to Register SIM Card in the Philippines?