CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY, PHILIPPINES — Andre Cue, an 18-year-old Kagay-anon, finishes as 4th Runner-Up in the Mister International Philippines 2022 pageant during the grand coronation last night at Okada Manila.
Andre John Cue, one of the youngest in the pageant, secured his place in the top 5 among other #DistinctivelyHandsome gentlemen from all over the country.
During the Q&A portion, the final leg of the event with the top 10 remaining contestants, King of Talk Boy Abunda, took to the stage.
Below is the list of the top 10 candidates.
- Mark Avendaño (Binan, Laguna)
- Andre John Cue (Cagayan De Oro)
- John Ernest Tan Ting (Cebu City)
- Mico Angelo Teng (Davao City)
- Kristzan Karlo Delos Santos (Imus, Cavite)
- Michael Ver Anton Comaling (Leyte)
- Godfrey Nikolai Murillo (Macabebe, Pampanga)
- Myron Jude Ordillano (Paranaque City)
- Hisam Hit (Quezon Province)
- Kitt Cortez (San Juan City)
Cue was first called for the Q&A with the question “Kung makakaharap mo ang Panginoong Diyos at pwede kang magtanong ng iisang bagay sa kanya, ano iyon?”
(If you have the chance to ask God one question, what will it be?)
He answered, “Ang tatanungin ko po, kung bakit po nandito ako sa mundo. Pero alam ko po kung bakit ako nandito – for my gift, kasi lahat po tayo may gift and gusto ko po i-nurture yung gift. I want to nurture my gift and to use my advocacy to inspire others.”
(I will ask, ‘why am I here in the world?’ But, I know why I am here – for my gift because all of us have one, and I want to nurture that gift.)
Abunda then voiced his understanding to Cue, saying, “I understand what you are trying to say because ang hirap makaharap ang Diyos (it is hard to face God). What you’re trying to tell me is that instead of asking a question, you want to say thank you.”
After Cue, the remaining top 10 candidates were then called for their questions.
The announcement of winners followed after the final walk of Mister International Philippines 2019 Levin Arguelles.
Hosts Boy Abunda, Kylie Verzosa and Michale Bristol then announced the following winners:
- 4th runner-up, Andre John Cue of Cagayan de Oro City
- 3rd runner-up, Kitt Cortez of San Juan City
- 2nd runner-up (Mister National Universe Philippines), Michael Ver Anton Comaling of Leyte
- 1st runner-up (Mister Global Philippines), Mark Avedano of Binan, Laguna
- Mister International Philippines, Myron Jude Ordillano of Paranaque City
Cue was also the recipient of the Mister Dermaworld Face special award.
On a Facebook post, Cue’s entrepreneur mother, Mags Cue, shared a message congratulating her son and thanking those who have supported him in this journey.
“He was asked the most challenging question yet he answered with sheer courage and strength of mind. The moment he opened his mouth, people feel his sincerity and genuineness of his heart, with all honesty without the aim of just pleasing the crowd,” she said.
“As a very young Kagayanon, his purpose is to simply inspire many people especially the young ones,” Mags Cue added.
See her official post here:
Congratulations Andre, and the whole of CDO are very proud of you! – WhatALife!