World Teachers Day 2023 is a great way to celebrate our selfless nurturers and educators, and we’re now counting down the hours till the celebration begins!
What date is Teachers Day 2023?
The worldwide anticipated celebration falls on October 5th every year. This is when not just students, but everyone around the world acknowledges and honors the hard work and sacrifices of teachers. However, it is worth noting that celebrating them does not have to be limited to just one day; we can definitely do it for the whole month.
It is needless to say that no profession would ever exist if it weren’t for our gardeners of the mind, hence, they truly deserve this occasion reserved for them. That said, here are some ways to show gratitude to these selfless individuals during Teachers Day 2023!
Give your teacher the good old Surprise Gifts and Messages
There’s nothing like the old gimmick of catching our teachers off guard with little presents and touching letters they never expect to receive on such a day. As observed from primary grades up to high school, some common gifts to give our teachers are flowers, sweets, balloons, mugs, a teddy bear, handwritten letters, and a teachers day tag, among others.
Now, flowers, sweets, mugs, and balloons can be bought anywhere and everywhere, but perhaps one of the sincerest gifts we could give on teachers day would be messages through letters. What are the best messages for teachers day, anyway?
What are the best messages for Teachers Day
More than the material presents we could give our teachers, expressing our gratitude and appreciation toward them is an underrated act. Perhaps we ought to break this underappreciation of genuine messages and how they actually help our teachers feel recognized and valued. Here are some short messages you could send your beloved teacher on their special day.
- Dear teacher, without your guidance and wisdom, I wouldn’t be where I am right now! Thank you and Happy Teachers Day!
- A teacher is someone who nourishes the souls of the students for a lifetime. Happy Teachers Day to all the teachers!
- All the efforts and hard work you invested in bringing out the best in us can never be repaid in mere words. We can only feel grateful for having a teacher like you! Happy Teachers Day!
- The patience and sacrifices of our teachers should be celebrated every day. Not just one day in a year. I wish you all the best on this special occasion. You are my most favorite teacher!
- You’re the one who can bring out the light from the soul. Thanks for bringing out the sparkle inside me. Thanks for such a miracle. Happy teachers day, you are a true blessing!
- Never forget how important your job is. The youth of the nation are looking to you for guidance, education, and care. Thank you for all your hard work. Happy Teachers Day!
- Happy Teachers Day to the person who brings out the best in us, listens to what we say, and, most importantly, makes studying fun. Thanking you would never be enough.
- Not everyone can be a teacher. Your knowledge and teaching style tells us you are one of the few who are destined to be great teachers someday! Happy teachers day and wish you all the success in this profession!
Whether the message is short or common, a teacher’s heart will always be touched. So, grab your pen and write a letter to your teachers!
Teachers Day Tag
Another gift, which may not be as grand as buying flowers and sweets but is equally heartwarming, is the act of giving a Teachers Day tag. A Teachers Day tag is similar to a gift tag – it’s made from colored stationery paper with short messages on it, much like keychains. The tags are adhesive and adorned with heartfelt words. Below, you’ll find some examples of Happy Teachers Day tags, along with images in case you’d like to print your own for your teachers.
Happy Teachers Day Tags
Host a Program/Party in your Classroom
Besides gift-giving, teachers love a good old impromptu program. Firstly, decorations and a change in seating arrangements would be great. Another idea is to include intermission numbers and a little open forum where everyone gets to share their messages with their teachers. You can refer to the sections on ‘What are the best messages for Teachers Day?’ and ‘Happy Teachers Day Tags’ to get an idea of what to share during speeches.
Moreover, as part of the program, it might be an overlooked thing, but expressing that we’re blessed with our teachers through prayers never goes out of style.
With that, here is the Teachers Day prayer you should lead the class with.
Giver of All Wisdom and Greatest of all Teachers, Look upon our teachers with love
Grant them the resolve
To nurture our eager minds
And to never give up on us who fall behind
Bless their hearts
For they rejoice when we succeed And encourage us when we fail
Endow them with gentle patience
For the path of learning is never easy
Kindle a spirit of passion in them
It is the flame that ignites the love of learning in us
Help them see the potential in each student
Their belief in us means much more than the grade we make
Instill in them a commitment to keep on learning
It shows us to not fear new knowledge and experiences
Inspire them to touch the future
They influence how big a dream we dream for ourselves
Bless our teachers who have come before for their work endures to this day
Let the light of Your example shine upon all teachers: To build up with their words
To love with their mind, to share with their heart, Amen.
As the national prayer for teachers, you could use this piece as the opening prayer for a Teachers Day celebration, or even for everyday use.
Play Fun Games
A celebration wouldn’t be complete without fun games! There are many games to pick from, and you can even make up your own with your own rules. Create a memorable bond with your teachers and classmates by playing some games with them.
You could try playing a game like “Pictionary,” where you draw pictures to represent words or phrases, and others have to guess what you’re drawing. Even if you might feel a bit shy about acting in front of everyone, when you realize that making funny gestures and faces is all part of the fun, you won’t want to miss it! This game will surely bring lots of laughter and happiness!
Teaching is not just a profession; it’s a vital role that gave rise to all other professions. Every 10th month of the year, it is crucial to take a moment to honor our nurturers and cultivators of the mind. Let us never forget the date to celebrate our teachers.