HOLYWOOD, USA — New Line Cinema’s new “Shazam! Fury of the Gods” movie will be coming to cinemas this March 2023.
The New Line Cinema sequel continues the narrative of adolescent Billy Batson.
The trailer shows how Billy won’t be fighting against the evil Hespera and Kalypso, daughters of the Greek Titan Atlas, alone. Instead, his adoptive family will be fighting alongside him.
Watch the trailer below:
The movie is filled with returning cast members, stars such as Zachary Levi from “Thor: Ragnarok” as Shazam and Asher Angel from “Andi Mack” as Billy Batson.
The superhero alter ego cast includes:
- Jack Dylan Grazer from “It Chapter Two” as Freddy Freeman,
- “Promising Young Woman” Adam Brody as Super Hero Freddy,
- “Raya and the Last Dragon” Ross Butler as Super Hero Eugene,
- “Day Shift” Meagan Good as Super Hero Darla,
- “G.I. Joe: Retaliation” D.J. Cotrona as Super Hero Pedro,
- Grace Caroline Currey from “Annabelle: Creation” as Mary Bromfield / Super Hero Mary
Other cast members include:
- Faithe Herman from “This Is Us” as Darla Dudley,
- Ian Chen from “A Dog’s Journey” as Eugene Choi
- Jovan Armand from “Second Chances” as Pedro Pena,
- Marta Milans from “White Lines” as Rosa Vasquez,
- Cooper Andrews from “The Walking Dead” as Victor Vasquez,
- Djimon Hounsou from “A Quiet Place Part II” as Wizard
- Rachel Zegler from “West Side Story”
- Lucy Liu from the “Kung Fu Panda” franchise
- Helen Mirren from “F9: The Fast Saga”
David F. Sandberg, director of the first “Shazam!” movie, directs the sequel. His other works include “Annabelle: Creation” and “Lights Out.”
The film is based on DC Comics characters created by Bill Parker and C.C. Beck. The story revolves around Billy, who transforms into his adult Super Hero alter ego, Shazam, after saying the magic word “SHAZAM!”. – WhatALife!/Zed