With the Philippines aiming to improve the educational system, the need for teachers has been one of their main objectives. For those planning to make teaching their profession, here is the 2023 teacher’s salary grade in the Philippines.
Average Salary Grade Of A Teacher in The Philippines 2023
Through Republic Act No. 11466 or known as the Salary Standardization Law of 2019, all government employees shall be provided equal compensation or higher pay salaries.
In 2023, the fourth tranche shall be effective from January 2023 with Teacher I starting their monthly salary of P27,000, Teacher II with P29,165, and Teacher III with P31,320, and so on.
|Position with corresponding Salary Grade||2019 (last SSL)||2020 (1st tranche)||2021 (2nd tranche)||2022 (3rd tranche)||2023 (4th tranche)|
|Teacher I (Salary Grade 11)||20,754||22,316||23,877||25,439||27,000|
|Teacher II (Salary Grade 12)||22,938||24,495||26,052||27,608||29,165|
|Teacher III (Salary Grade 13)||25,232||26,754||28,276||29,798||31,320|
|Master Teacher I (Salary Grade 18)||40,637||42,159||43,681||45,203||46,725|
|Master Teacher II (Salary Grade 19)||45,269||46,791||48,313||49,835||51,357|
|Master Teacher III (Salary Grade 20)||51,155||52,703||54,251||55,799||57,347|
|Master Teacher IV (Salary Grade 21)||57,805||59,353||60,901||62,449||63,997|
Yearly Benefits of Philippine Teachers
Other than their salaries, teachers are also set to receive various benefits provided by the government through the Department of Education (DepED). The following are the yearly benefits received by teachers in the Philippines.
|Mid-year Bonus||1-month basic salary|
|Year-end Bonus||1-month basic salary|
|Productivity Enhancement Incentive (PEI)||P5,000/year|
|Anniversary Bonus||P3,000 (NOTE: given only during a milestone year which is every 5 years)|
|Performance-Based Bonus –||Ranges from 50-65% of the basic monthly salary depending on school performance|
|Proportional Vacation Pay (PVP)||70 days PVP during summer and Christmas break for those who have rendered full services during the school year|
|Cash/Chalk Allowance||Before – P3,500/year/teacherNov. 9, 2020, Under Senate Bill 1092, will increase as follows:SY-2021-2022- Php 5,000SY 2022-2023- Php 5,000SY 2023-2024- Php 7,500SY 2024-2025- Php 10,000|
Alongside the benefits mentioned above, a few others are also provided:
- Leave privileges – maternity, paternity, and study leave
- Loyalty Cash Incentive – P5,000 and P10,000
- Transportation Allowance – P2,000/month
- Instructional Materials – P5,000 (for mobile teachers and DALCs)
- GSIS Benefits
- Philhealth Benefits – Annual physical tests and hospitalization benefits
- Employees Compensation Program (ECP) Benefits
On top of that, in-service training is also supported under the Program Support Fund.
What Affects The Salary Grade of Teachers In The Philippines
The salary grade of teaching professionals in the Philippines depends on several factors such as:
- Years of Service – Teachers who have been in the field for a long duration, on average, get a higher salary grade than starters.
- Location – Another contributing factor is the environment they live in. Salary grade varies depending on the cost of living of the city or municipality the teacher is designated to teach at.
- Educational Background – Teachers with specific backgrounds like doctorate’s degree or master’s degree are more likely to receive higher salary grades than a teacher with a bachelor’s degree.
- Rank and Position Reasons – Teachers who hold higher positions in the field may have higher salary grades than teachers who are teaching in classrooms.
- Changes In Government Laws and Policies – From time to time, the Philippine government makes adjustments regarding salaries for all professionals which may impact the salary grade of teachers.
This concludes our quick guide of the 2023 teacher’s salary grade in the Philippines! Teachers have one of the key roles in society and providing them the best compensation is the responsibility of the government. Since these professionals help shape the future of the country through the education of young Filipinos, teachers must be provided with all the necessary tools to guide their students into creating a better society. — WhatALife!
Also read: LIST: Philippine National Police Salary Grade 2023
Leave a Reply