CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY, PHILIPPINES — A fire broke out at the upper portion of Gaisano Mall in Puerto, Cagayan de Oro City, on April 12, Tuesday at 11 AM. The incident saw hundreds of shoppers hurriedly streaming out of the mall.
The fire started in a fast-food chimney inside the mall.
According to the mall’s security guard, they were shocked by the huge smoke that appeared in the upper part of the mall and called the people to evacuate immediately.
“Ang aso ato sa permero kay medyo puti pa pero kusog na kaayong aso. Pag abot ug pila ka minuto itom najud kaayong aso, mao natong nasunog najud sya sa ibabaw sa mall. Mao tong akong gipang tawag ang mga tawo gikan sa ibabaw na manggawas sa mall,” the security guard said in the interview.
(At first, the smoke was sort of white but strong. In a matter of minutes, the smoke became dark. That’s when I called for the people above to leave the mall.)
The fire started in the chimney of a fast-food establishment, according to the Bureau of Fire Protection.
The fast-food establishment said it will temporarily disable its operation until the chimney is clean and fixed.
Watch the report here:
Source: (One Mindanao)