The Coast Guard District Southern Mindanao (CGDSEM) has confirmed that the announcement for Philippine Coast Guard Hiring for 2024 that was circulating earlier this month is a hoax.
The announcement was first posted by an unofficial Philippine Regulations Commission (PRC) Facebook page, garnering the attention of thousands of hopeful applicants.
In a press release last Friday, December 21, the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) reminds that “All information, updates, and announcements related to the Philippine Coast Guard’s recruitment process will only be communicated through the official Facebook Page of the Philippine Coast Guard and Coast Guard Human Resource Management Command (CGHRMC).”
CGDSEM prompts netizens to only share verified information from trusted sources to prevent the spread of misleading or false content.
The PCG is the Philippines’ maritime law enforcement that guards against the entry of foreign vessels into the country through its Port State Control (PSC). They enforce all relevant maritime international conventions, treaties, or instruments. This includes the compliance of vessels to safety standards, the implementation of navigational rules, and the designation of sea lanes.
While waiting for the official Philippine Coast Guard Hiring for 2024 announcement, the following are the qualifications and requirements hopeful applicants can prepare in the meantime:
- Natural-born Filipino citizen
- Good Moral Character
- 18 – 26 years old for non-officers
- 21 – 26 years old for Officers
- 5’0 for both male and female applicants
- Physically and mentally fit for training
- Has completed at least 72 units in college for Non-officers
- Baccalaureate Degree holder for Officers
- Has relevant skills to the functions of the Coast Guard
- Accomplished PCG Application Form
- Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) Birth Certificate
- Transcript of Records
- Certificate of Eligibility, PRC license, or any equivalent
- National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance
Applicants are required to submit their documents to the closest PCG Human Resource Management Command, or they can send them via email.