An earthquake with a magnitude of 5.8 struck Occidental Mindoro on Wednesday morning, May 12, the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (PHIVOLCS) reported.
PHIVOLCS said aftershocks could be expected, but the earthquake, which struck at a depth of 106 km, was unlikely to cause damage.
The earthquake’s epicenter was in Mindoro province, and it was felt in Metro Manila.
Listed below are the reported intensities:
- Intensity V – Lubang, Occidental Mindoro; Calamba City; Calatagan, and Calaca, Batangas;
- Intensity IV – Malvar and Lemery, Batangas; Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro; Mendez, Cavite; Limay, Bataan; Tagaytay City; Manila City;
- Intensity III – Agoncillo, Cuenca, Lipa City and Talisay, Batangas; General Trias City and Dasmarinas, Cavite; Calamba, Laguna; Makati City, Muntinlupa City, Mandaluyong, Pasay City, Pasig City and Quezon City, Metro Manila; San Pedro, Laguna;
- Intensity II – Caloocan City and Marikina City, Metro Manila; Olongapo City, Zambales; Cavite City; Sta. Cruz, Laguna; Taysan, Batangas; Batangas City; Lucena City; Binangonan, Rizal; Dolores and Mulanay, Quezon;
- Intensity I – San Mateo, Rizal; San Francisco, Quezon