Scholarships are the best way to equalize education opportunities. This way, hardworking and talented students are polished further by providing them with higher education. Therefore, it’s in the best interest of many Corporates to sponsor these diamonds in the rough, who may become their future skilled workers after graduation. With that said, here are some Corporate Funded or Private Scholarship Programs for College Students in the Philippines this 2023.
Table of contents
- 2023 Private Scholarship Programs for College Students in the Philippines
- SM Foundation College Scholarship (Applications are open from February 1 to March 30, 2023!)
- PHINMA National Scholarship Program
- Iskolar Ni Juan (Applications are now open! )
- Del Monte Foundation Inc. (Applications are now open! )
- Aboitiz Scholarship Program
- Jollibee Group Foundation Scholarship Program
- PhilDev Science and Engineering Scholarship Programs (PSES) (Slots are still available!)
- Closing Remarks
2023 Private Scholarship Programs for College Students in the Philippines
SM Foundation College Scholarship (Applications are open from February 1 to March 30, 2023!)
The SM Group of Companies is one of the most well-known conglomerates in the Philippines. They created the SM Foundation to uphold its guiding concept of “PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE.” In pursuit of this principle, they have established a scholarship program focused on Engineering, Finance, and Business courses.
- Grade 12 graduates from schools in covered areas. However, applicants coming from private schools must have a DepEd voucher. Moreover, they must have finished Grade 10 in a public high school.
- A GWA of at least 92% or equivalent for Grade 12 – 1st semester;
- Gross household income must not exceed P150,000 annually;
Applications are open from February 1 to March 30, 2023!
Celebrating the 50th anniversary of the conglomerate, PHINMA has started its scholarship program called the PHINMA National Scholarship Program. The scholarship program was launched last 2006, aiming to produce professionals and leaders for future generations.
- A Filipino citizen
- Passed the entrance examinations to the following universities:
- University of the Philippines Diliman
- Philippine Normal University
- PHINMA University of Pangasinan
- University of the Philippines Diliman
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines
- The applicant must require financial support to pursue higher education (with supporting documents);
- Doesn’t have an immediate relative who is a PNS scholarship recipient or a PNS alumni
Iskolar Ni Juan (Applications are now open! )
In pursuit of hiring outstanding employees, Universal Robina and Gokongwei Brothers Foundation established the Iskolar Ni Juan Scholarship. This scholarship program aims to provide technical education for its scholars.
To develop the skills of these beneficiaries, Iskolar Ni Juan partnered with Technical Education and Skills Authority (TESDA). The scholars will undergo an eight-month technical training program for Mechatronics Servicing or Instrumentation and Control Servicing, as chosen by the beneficiary.
- Filipino Citizen
- 18-25 years old
- Senior High School graduate
- No grade lower than 80% in Mathematics and Science
- From a family with an annual income of not more than PHP200,000
- Willing to be employed at Universal Robina Corporation plant for at least one year after completing the program
- Willing to stay at GBF Technical Training Center located in Calamba, Laguna, Philippines, to undergo an 8-month academic term
- Ready to be deployed at Universal Robina Corporation plants present in the Philippines to undergo a 4-month On-the-Job Training
Applications are now open! For interested applicants, fill in the official application form of Iskolar ni Juan.
Del Monte Foundation Inc. (Applications are now open! )
If you live in Bukidnon, you have probably heard of this scholarship program. The foundation offers scholarship grants to incoming first-year high school and college students planning to enroll in public high schools and state universities designated by the company.
- For Filipino Born Citizens only
- Any gender
- For any marital status
- Permanent resident of municipalities or cities in Bukidnon or Misamis Oriental
- Annual total family income is P150,000 or less or falls within the set of DSWD poverty income levels.
- Applicant must belong to the top 10 of the graduating class
- Must pass the DMFI scholarship qualifying exam and panel interview
Applications are now open! Apply through the official Academic College Scholarship Application 2023 here.
Aboitiz Equity Ventures believes that poverty should not be used as an excuse to get a good education. So, to bridge the gap between learning and employment, the Aboitiz Foundation is giving scholarship grants to deserving students.
The scholarship program is open to undergraduate students pursuing a degree in Accounting, Business Management, Information Technology, Engineering, Communication, and Social Sciences.
- A full-time first-year student at an eligible institution or university;
- Pursue a degree recommended by the Aboitiz Foundation;
- Achieve a GWA of at least 88%, with no failing or incomplete grades;
- There should be no failing or partial grades.
- There is no record of any type of disciplinary action.
- Completed the online application form and turned in all required documents on time.
Jollibee Group Foundation Scholarship Program
The Jollibee Group Foundation (JGF) offers scholarships to agro-enterprise courses for young farmers to promote youth involvement and employment in the agricultural industry. The JGF also has the Farmer Entrepreneurship Program that receives support from these scholarships.
The FEP educates smallholder farmer groups in agro-entrepreneurship, business, and leadership to increase their capacity to supply vegetables that satisfy the standards and demands of corporate buyers while also making a profit.
- Ages 8-24 years old;
- Has a GWA of 80% or higher;
- At least High school graduate & enrolled in participating partner schools;
- Of good moral character;
- Possess a strong desire to finish post-secondary education;
- Demonstrate character traits that are suited to the service industry;
- Not a recipient of any scholarship grant;
- Priority is given to those from marginalized families.
PhilDev Science and Engineering Scholarship Programs (PSES) (Slots are still available!)
The PSES program intends to raise the number of scientific and engineering graduates nationwide. Understanding the difficulties that frequently cause engineering students to drop out of school, PhilDev provides mentorship and counseling to help them stay motivated and do better in class.
Each university will have slightly different criteria from one another for applying to PSES. However, they do have standard eligibility criteria, which are:
- A Degree program must be under STEM;
- Must be at least in their 2nd year;
- Must have a General Weighted Average of 90% or the equivalent grade point;
- Must have an Annual Family Gross Income of not more than PHP 500,000 (present ITR);
For interested participants, check out available slots here.
We hope that this list of private scholarship programs in the Philippines will help you pursue your education in 2023!
Worried there are no scholarship grants for your desired course? There are many more corporations out there that offer scholarship grants that align with your principles and help you get that degree.
So, go out there and reach out to them, don’t wait for the apple to fall! – WhatALife!/Vaughn