If you’re a couple in Quezon City and you are about to get married, here is a quick guide on how to apply for a marriage license.
How to apply for a marriage license in Quezon City in 5 Quick Steps
Step 1. Compile the needed documentary requirements.
Below is the list of documents needed to file for a marriage license in Quezon City.
- Identification Card with applicant’s residential address
- Valid IDs: BIR, SSS, GSIS, PAG-IBIG, LTO, PRC, DFA, Company Id, Post Office
- Birth or Baptismal Certificate of both applicants
- Available PSA or Place of Baptism
- Community Tax Certificate or any valid Government Issued IDs
- Available at City Treasurer’s Office
- Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR)
- Available at PSA
- 2×2 picture of both applicants (one for each applicant)
If applicable, you may also be required to bring the following:
- Municipal Form No. 92 (Consent of Marriage of a Person Under Age); ages 18-20 yrs old
- Municipal Form No. 7 (Sworn Statement that Advice of Parents or Guardian has been asked); ages 21-24 yrs old
- Municipal Form No. 9 (Advice upon Intended Marriage); ages 21-24 yrs old
- Certificate of Family Planning
- Available at City Health Department
- Certificate of Marriage Counseling
- Available at Social Services and Development Department (SSDD)
For foreigners, you are required to bring the following additional documents:
- Photocopy of valid passport (indicating the date of arrival)
- Certificate of Legal Capacity to marry issued by their respective diplomatic or consular officials.
For divorced applicants, you are required to bring the following additional documents (You may find them at the court where the divorce was decided):
- Copy of final decree of absolute divorce
- Certificate of Family Planning and Marriage Counseling & Responsible Parenthood
Step 2. After compiling all requirements, proceed to the City Civil Registry Department – Counter 11.
Present your identification to the issuing clerk, who will determine your residence.
Step 3. Pay the fees at the City Treasurer’s Office (a total of PHP 250.00)
Marriage License Application Form – PHP 50.00
Filing Fee – PHP 100.00
Marriage License – PHP 100.00
Step 4. Return to the City Civil Registry Department and submit all required documents.
Once all fees are paid, you’ll be given the Marriage License Application Form. Submit all required documents after filling in the form.
If applicable, applicants may need to attend a Family Planning Seminar by the Health Department and Guidance Counseling & Responsible Parenthood by SSDD. You may be required to submit the certificates from the seminars before your marriage license is released.
Step 5. Receive your marriage license at the City Civil Registry Department after 11 days.
The processing period may take up to 11 calendar days from the date of filing.
If the release date falls on a weekend or a public holiday, the release shall be on the following working day.
Note: Release of the marriage license is up to 5:00 pm only.
Congratulations! You now have a marriage license in Quezon City.
For more information, you may visit the official website of the Quezon City Government. – WhatALife!
Also read: LIST: Salary Grade in the Philippines 2022