The DOST Junior Level Science Scholarship (JLSS) Program is welcoming new scholars for the school year 2022-2023. Find out more about the DOST JLSS Program below:
Table of contents
- What is the DOST Junior Level Science Scholarship (JLSS) Program?
- Benefits of the DOST Junior Level Science Scholarship (JLSS) Program
- What are the qualifications?
- What are the degrees supported by the DOST JLSS Program?
- How to apply for the DOST JUNIOR LEVEL SCIENCE SCHOLARSHIPS (JLSS) 2022 Program?
- What are the requirements?
- When is the deadline?
- Is there a screening and selection process?
- When is the qualifying exam?
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
What is the DOST Junior Level Science Scholarship (JLSS) Program?
The DOST Junior Level Science Scholarship (JLSS) Program aims to provide financial support to deserving students currently in their third (junior) year of college, who are also pursuing degree programs under science and technology.
The program ensures that there is a steady stream of quality science and technology graduates that will contribute to the country’s progress.
Benefits of the DOST Junior Level Science Scholarship (JLSS) Program
The scholarship program of the agency offers the following benefits to the scholars every year (from junior level) until they finish their course:
Regular Academic Year
- Tuition and other school fees (for scholars enrolled in private HEIs) – Php 40,000.00 per year
- Learning Materials and/or Connectivity Allowance – P10,000.00 per year
- Monthly Living Allowance – P7,000.00 per month
- Transportation Allowance (for those studying outside of home province) – 1 economy-class round trip fare
- Group Health and Accident Insurance – Premium
- Thesis Allowance – P10,000.00
- Graduation Allowance – P1,000.00
Summer Allowance (if required in the curriculum)
- Tuition and other school fees (for scholars enrolled in private HEIs) – Php 1,500.00 per year
- Learning Materials and/or Connectivity Allowance – P2,000.00 (outright grant)
- Monthly Living Allowance – P7,000.00 per month for two months
What are the qualifications?
Candidates for the DOST Junior Level Science Scholarship (JLSS) Program must meet the following requirements before applying:
- Natural-born Filipino citizen
- REGULAR second year college students enrolled in a DOST-SEI priority S&T course at identified universities in the Second Semester of AY 2021-2022.
- A general weighted average of at least 83% or its equivalent and with no conditional or failing mark from the First Semester of First Year until the First Semester of Second Year in college, including in the midyear term, if enrolled.
- Must be of good moral character and in good health.
- May have taken the DOST-SEI Scholarship Examination before but did not pass or have qualified for the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship but did not avail the scholarship award.
What are the degrees supported by the DOST JLSS Program?
As the government’s Science and Technology agency, DOST requires interested applicants to be currently pursuing S&T degrees.
The following are the Priority S&T degrees identified by the DOST as applicable for the scholarship:
- Bachelor in Mathematics Education
- Bachelor in Technology and Livelihood Education with Specialization in Information and Communications
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science
- BS Aeronautical Engineering
- BS Aerospace Engineering
- BS Agribusiness
- BS Agribusiness Management
- BS Agribusiness Management and Entrepreneurship
- BS Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
- BS Agricultural Biotechnology (UP System only)
- BS Agricultural Chemistry
- BS Agricultural Economics
- BS Agricultural Engineering
- BS Agricultural Technology
- BS Agriculture
- BS Animal Husbandry
- BS Animal Science
- BS Applied Mathematics
- BS Applied Mathematics major in Mathematical Finance (4yrs, ADMU only)
- BS Applied Physics
- BS Applied Physics with Applied Computer System
- BS Applied Physics with Materials Science and Engineering
- BS Applied Statistics
- BS Architecture
- BS Astronomy
- BS Astronomy Technology
- BS Basic Medical Sciences (4 yrs, UPM only)
- BS Biochemistry
- BS Biology
- BS Biology for Teachers
- BS Biotechnology
- BS Ceramics Engineering
- BS Chemical Engineering
- BS Chemistry
- BS Chemistry for Teachers
- BS Chemistry with Applied Computer Systems
- BS Chemistry with Materials Science and Engineering
- BS Civil Engineering
- BS Clothing Technology
- BS Community Nutrition
- BS Computer Engineering
- BS Computer Science
- BS Electrical Engineering
- BS Electronics and Communications Engineering
- BS Electronics Engineering
- BS Environmental Science
- BS Environmental Engineering
- BS Fine Arts major in Industrial Design
- BS Fisheries
- BS Food Science and Technology
- BS Food Technology
- BS Forestry
- BS Geodetic Engineering
- BS Geography
- BS Geology
- BS Geothermal Engineering
- BS Health Science
- BS Human Biology (3yrs, DLSU only)
- BS Industrial Design
- BS Industrial Engineering
- BS Industrial Management Engineering-Information Technology (DLSU only)
- BS Industrial Pharmacy
- BS Information and Communications Technology
- BS Information System
- BS Information Technology
- BS Information Technology Systems
- BS Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- BS Life Sciences
- BS Management Information Systems (4yrs, ADMU only)
- BS Manufacturing Engineering
- BS Manufacturing Engineering-Management-Biomedical Engineering (DLSU only)
- BS Manufacturing Engineering-Management-Mechatronics and Robotics (DLSU only)
- BS Marine Biology
- BS Marine Science
- BS Materials Engineering
- BS Mathematics
- BS Mathematics and Science Teaching
- BS Mathematics for Teachers
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- BS Mechatronics Engineering
- BS Medical Laboratory Science
- BS Medical Technology
- BS Metallurgical Engineering
- BS Meteorology
- BS Microbiology
- BS Mining Engineering
- BS Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- BS Nutrition
- BS Nutrition and Dietetics
- BS Packaging Engineering
- BS Petroleum Engineering
- BS Pharmaceutical Sciences
- BS Pharmacy (4-year program)
- BS Pharmacy major in Clinical Pharmacy (5-year program)
- BS Physics
- BS Physics for Teachers
- BS Psychology
- BS Public Health
- BS Speech Pathology
- BS Statistics
- BSE Biological Sciences
- BSE Biology
- BSE Biology-Chemistry (4yrs, USC only)
- BSE Chemistry
- BSE General Sciences
- BSE Mathematics
- BSE Physical Sciences
- BSE Physics
- BSE Physics-Chemistry (4yrs, USC only)
- BSE Physics-Mathematics (4yrs, USC only)
- BSE Science
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
How to apply for the DOST JUNIOR LEVEL SCIENCE SCHOLARSHIPS (JLSS) 2022 Program?
Application can be done online through their official scholarship application portal.
What are the requirements?
- FORM C Certificate of Good Moral Character
- FORM D Certificate of Good Health
- FORM E Certificate of Program of Study and Year Level
- FORM F Certificate of Residency
- Commitment to Return Service (FORM G1 for Merit/ RA 7687 / FORM G2 for RA 10612)
- FORM H Applicant’s Certification Re- Not a DOST Scholar prior to this application
- FORM I Applicant/Parent Declaration
- Official Transcript of Records (TOR) or True Copy of Grades (TCG) or Grade Report
- Recent picture, passport size
- Birth Certificate
- Parent/s or Legal Guardian’s 2021 Income Tax Return; or
- BIR Form 1701
- Employment Contract for OFW
- BIR Certificate of Exemption from Filing of ITR
- Certificate of Indigency
- Certificate of Employment with Compensation
- Proof of Pension
- Notarized Affidavit of Guardianship
When is the deadline?
Deadline of application ends on July 31, 2022. Applicants must submit the requirements and complete the online form on or before the deadline.
Is there a screening and selection process?
NO. Instead, there will be a qualifying exam for those who passed the correct requirements and passed the initial review by the agency.
When is the qualifying exam?
The qualifying exam for the DOST JUNIOR LEVEL SCIENCE SCHOLARSHIPS (JLSS) 2022 is on August 27-28, 2022.
Qualified applicants will receive a Test Permit, which contains information about their test center, test session, and others. The Test Permit will be sent to qualified applicants via their registered email address on August 17-19, 2022.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, examinees are required to present their vaccination card or negative antigen test results (administered within 48 hours before the exam) to the testing center.
For more information about the DOST JUNIOR LEVEL SCIENCE SCHOLARSHIPS (JLSS) 2022 Program, you may refer to DOST’s official scholarship website https://jlss.science-scholarships.ph/.
Good luck! – WhatALife!