The Security Bank Foundation Scholars for Better Communities Scholarship Program is welcoming new scholars for the school year 2022-2023. Find out more about the Scholars for Better Communities below:
Table of contents
- What is the Security Bank Foundation Scholars for Better Communities Scholarship Program?
- Benefits of the Scholars for Better Communities Scholarship Program
- What are the qualifications?
- What are the degrees supported by the Security Bank Foundation?
- How to apply for the Scholars for Better Communities Scholarship Program?
- What are the requirements?
- When is the deadline?
- Is there a screening and selection process?
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
What is the Security Bank Foundation Scholars for Better Communities Scholarship Program?
The Scholars for Better Communities Scholarship is Security Bank Foundation’s educational assistance program that provides underprivileged but deserving students with the education support they need.
The Foundation is in partnership with select schools where hopeful scholars can enroll. Said partner schools are also tasked with screening and selecting the applicants and following up on their performances once accepted as a scholar.
Benefits of the Scholars for Better Communities Scholarship Program
The scholarship program of the Foundation offers the following benefits to the scholars every year until they finish their course:
- Stipend – Php 10,000 per month for a maximum of 10 school months
- Tuition and Miscellaneous Fees – No allotment due to the “Free Tuition Law”
- Stipend – Php 5,000 per month for a maximum of 10 school months
- Tuition and Miscellaneous Fees – Maximum of Php 100,000 per year
The Foundation also offers other forms of benefits to its scholars. For instance, it offers internship opportunities, involvement in corporate social responsibility activities, and invites to learning sessions hosted by partner institutions.
What are the qualifications?
Candidates for the Security Bank Foundation Scholars for Better Communities Scholarship Program must meet the following requirements before applying:
- Graduating Grade 12 student from public/private school
- Latest General Weighted Average (GWA) of at least 90% or its equivalent
- No parent currently employed/assigned in Security Bank
- No other family member currently admitted to the scholarship within second degree of consanguinity or affinity
- No other existing scholarship except for discounts provided by schools
- Must enroll in any of the 8 partner schools in NCR
What are the degrees supported by the Security Bank Foundation?
As a banking corporation, Security Bank has chosen to select courses that directly relate to banking operations.
The following are the degrees identified by the Foundation as applicable for the scholarship:
- Accounting Information System/ Technology
- Internal Auditing
- Financial Management
- Industrial Engineering
- Management Engineering
- Applied Mathematics
- Business Analytics/ Statistics
- Data Science
- Computer Science/ Technology
- Information Systems/ Technology
Below are the partner schools/universities of the Security Bank Foundation:
- Ateneo De Manila University
- Chiang Kai Shek College
- De La Salle University – Manila
- Far Eastern University – Manila
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines
- University of the Philippines – Diliman
- University of Santo Tomas
How to apply for the Scholars for Better Communities Scholarship Program?
The application can be made online through their official scholarship application form.
What are the requirements?
- Latest Grade 12 Report Card with GWA (Preferably, up to the first term or the second grading)
- Parents or Guardians’ Latest Income Tax Return / Parents or Guardians’ Certificate of Indigency
- Proof of Application for Admission in any of the 8 Partner School
- Birth Certificate
- Portrait Photo or 2 x 2 (white background)
When is the deadline?
The deadline for application ends on July 15, 2022. Applicants must submit the requirements and complete the online form on or before the deadline.
Is there a screening and selection process?
YES. All applications will be screened by the Foundation’s scholarship officer. Valid applications will then be endorsed to the respective scholarship coordinators of Security Bank Foundation partner schools/universities for the second-level review.
Keep in mind that the Foundation may validate the data indicated in the application through mobile phone calls and email. So, make sure to input the written contact information in your application.
Those who passed the first level review will then proceed to the online interview. If the applicant passes the interview, they will sign a scholarship contract to confirm their admission.
Listed below is the official Security Bank Foundation Scholars for Better Communities Scholarship Program 2022 timeline.
- July 16 to 31: 1st Level Review (SBFI)
- August 1 to 15: 2nd Level Review (Partner School)
- August 16 to 30: Online Interview
- September 1 to September 15: Final Assessment
- 4th week of September or prior: Announcement of Newly Admitted Scholars
For more information about the Security Bank Foundation Scholars for Better Communities Scholarship Program, you may refer to their official website https://www.securitybank.com.
Good luck! – WhatALife!