CAGAYAN DE ORO, PHILIPPINES – A non-profit organization is making waves in the city by dedicating itself to the discovery and nurturing of the brightest singing stars of 2024.
“CDO’s Got Talent” (CGT), founded by the CGT Production and Services, is a new singing competition that aims to showcase the immense vocal talent of Kagay-anons.
Moreover, CGT envisions building a community where music, culture, and various talents are celebrated as integral parts of our identity.
The CGT singing competition, which serves as a platform for aspiring singers, introduces specific highlights for participants. The conditions may vary from season to season, but generally include:
- Age Limit: The competition is open to individuals aged 16 and above, typically focusing on adult participants.
- Nationality or Residency: While primarily open to Filipino citizens or those of Filipino descent, foreign participants who can sing OPM (Original Pilipino Music) songs, including kundiman and katutubo, are also welcomed. It is worth noting that participants must adhere to singing an OPM song.
- Open to Professional Singers: In certain seasons, professional singers are open to be participants, but are required to not have any existing recording contracts.
- Indemnity Clause: Participants must not hold the competition organizers responsible for any harm or loss resulting from their participation.
- Rights to Performances: Contestants grant the show the rights to use their performances for promotional purposes and other uses deemed fit by the organizers.
- Adherence to Rules: Participants must agree to follow all the rules and regulations set forth by the competition.
CGT’s Weekly and Showcase Rounds
Contestants who successfully pass the weekly round are urged to prepare for the Showcase Round, which begins after all the weekly rounds are completed on a first-come, first-serve basis. These rounds are scheduled for January 14, 21, 28, and subsequent Sundays until all the weekly contenders have had their chance.
Moreover, the Showcase Round stands as a pivotal segment in the CDO’s Got Talent Search for Singing Stars 2024. Following the Weekly Qualifiers Round, it serves as the final hurdle before the live shows.
During the Showcase Round, contestants take the stage at the 4th floor of Gaisano Mall, performing OPM songs of their choice. The round allows them to exhibit their vocal prowess, stage presence, and overall performance skills in front of a live audience and the judging panel.
The Showcase Round not only provides contestants with a taste of performing in a live concert setting but also acts as a test of their ability to handle the pressure and connect with the audience. After the round, judges deliberate to decide which contestants will advance to the live shows.
Supporting CGT’s Mission: How You Can Contribute
CDO’s Got Talent and Promotion Services is a non-profit, non-stock organization that relies on support from the community. Whether you are a music enthusiast, a local business, or simply someone who believes in the power of music, CGT invites you to be a part of their mission.
Here are some ways you can contribute:
- Become a Sponsor or Donate: Your financial support can make a significant impact on nurturing the next generation of singing stars.
- Engage on Social Media: Share, like, and comment on CGT’s posts and content across various platforms, including YouTube channel, Facebook group, and other social media accounts. This not only helps in promoting the competition but also enhances the chances of contestants winning by garnering votes during the grand final round.
- Volunteer Your Time and Expertise: If you have skills or time to spare, consider volunteering to support CGT in organizing and managing the competition.
By being a part of CGT’s journey, you contribute to culminating a vibrant arts community and helping aspiring singing talents achieve their dreams.