After two years, the daubing of ashes on the forehead returns as part of the Ash Wednesday observance.
For devout Christians planning to receive the ash symbol, see the list of Ash Wednesday Mass Schedules for 2023 below:
Baclaran Church Ash Wednesday Mass Schedule
- 5:30 Novena & Mass (Tagalog)
- 7:00 Novena/Benediction (Tagalog)
- 7:45 Novena & Mass (English)
- 9:15 Novena/Benediction (Tagalog)
- 10:00 Novena at Benediction (English)
- 10:45 Novena & Mass (Tagalog)
- 1:30 Novena & Mass (Tagalog)
- 3:00 Novena/Benediction (Tagalog)
- 3:45 Novena & Mass (English)
- 5:15 Novena/Benediction (English)
- 6:00 Novena & Mass (English)
- 7:30 Novena/Benediction (English)
Manila Cathedral Ash Wednesday Mass Schedule
- 7:30 AM
- 12:10 PM
- 5:30 PM
Quiapo Church Ash Wednesday Mass Schedule
Edsa Shrine Ash Wednesday Mass Schedule
- 6:30 AM
- 4:30 PM
- 6:00 PM
- 7:30 PM
Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of the penitential 40-day Lenten season for the Roman Catholic Church.
Apostolic Vicariate of Taytay, Palawan Bishop Broderick Pabillo said they had made the usual preparations for Ash Wednesday. When asked what the Catholics must prepare for the Lenten Season, Pabillo said those who receive the ash symbol would enter a period of repentance and are expected to fast.
Meanwhile, Nuestra Señora Dela Soledad parish priest Douglas Badong urged the Catholic faithful to receive catechism and understand the lessons on why ashes are smeared on the forehead.
Badong also noted that this is the first time the church is allowing the physical daubing of ashes on the forehead. The observance was restricted for a few years due to the strict quarantine rules imposed by the Philippine government during the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020. – WhatALife!
Also read: LIST: Simbang Gabi schedules in Cagayan de Oro for 2021
Leave a Reply