Love Quotes From Your Favorite Characters
If you struggle to find the perfect love quotes for Valentine’s to send to your loved ones this February 14, this list provides you with the twenty best quotes (in our opinion) from your favorite TV shows and movie characters.
One of the most beloved TV characters said it best. Cameron Tucker seamlessly delivered how we find partners that balance our dreams and realities. Check out this quote from one of our favorite Missourians.
- “There are dreamers, and there are realists in this world. You’d think the dreamers would find the dreamers and the realists who find the realists, but more often than not, the opposite is true. You see, the dreamers need the realists to keep them from soaring too close to the sun. And the realists? Well, without the dreamers, they might not ever get off the ground.” – Cameron Tucker, Modern Family.
For our historical romance fans, Anthony Bridgerton declared his love for Kate Sharma by acknowledging her effects on him.
- “You are the bane of my existence and the object of all my desires.” – Anthony Bridgerton, Bridgerton
One of the best TV couples we have ever seen, Chuck and Blair have certainly been through all the ups and downs of a relationship. However, one thing is certain, they will stand by each other despite anything.
- “The worst thing you’ve ever done, the darkest thought you’ve ever had. I will stand by you through anything” – Blair Waldorf, Gossip Girl
Chuck and Blair are one of the most iconic couples and we couldn’t make a list with just quotes from Queen B herself, but also from her partner, Chuck Bass. Though this was probably one of the most heartbreaking scenes in Gossip Girl history since Chuck was about to let Blair go to Louis.
- “What I wanted to say was that when I’m with you I feel like a young boy falling in love for the first time. I am in love for the first time Waldorf, you make me insane” – Chuck Bass, Gossip Girl
Gilmore Girls is a series that makes us all feel giddy and lets us relive the young teen inside all of us. Here’s a line from one of our favorite nepotism boys, Logan Huntzberger as he was trying to let Rory step out of her comfort zone.
- “People can live a hundred years without really living for a minute. You climb up here with me, it’s one less minute you haven’t lived.” – Logan Huntzberger, Gilmore Girls
Luke Danes said one of the things to woo girls off their feet. There’s nothing women love to hear more than men saying that they are all in and mean it.
- “Lorelai, this thing we’re doing here, me, you, I’m in. I am all in.” – Luke Danes, Gilmore Girls
For the last Gilmore Girls quote from this list, Jess Mariano showed men how to woo their partners, by saying that all they want to do is talk to them and no one else.
- “I don’t want to talk to anybody else. I don’t like anybody else.” – Jess Mariano, Gilmore Girls
There is no lie that Brooklyn99’s Jake and Amy made us all smile with their love story. Here’s a quote by Amy during her and Jake’s New York wedding.
- “Life is unpredictable. Not everything’s in our control. But as long as you’re with the right people, you can handle anything. And you, Jake Peralta, are the right person for me.” – Amy Santiago, Brooklyn 99
One of the TV male characters who assured high-maintenance women is Matthew Perry’s Chandler Bing. Chandler Bing. He assured Monica that it was okay that she was high-maintenance because he enjoyed maintaining her, and that certainly was a quote that made our hearts melt.
- “You’re not easy going, but you’re passionate, and that’s good. And when you get upset about the little things I think that I’m pretty good at making you feel better about that. And that’s good too. So they can say that you’re high-maintenance but it’s okay because I like maintaining you.” – Chandler Bing, FRIENDS
Just like Jess Mariano, one end of the Fisher boys and Conklin love triangle said what all women want to hear. Here’s a quote from Conrad Fisher.
- “I don’t just need somebody. I need you.” – Conrad Fisher, The Summer I Turned Pretty
Without a doubt, Derek Shepherd and Meredith Grey are an extraordinary couple, a pair of surgeons at the top of their respective fields. It was difficult to choose a specific quote from the couple, but here’s one from Mer where she professes her undying love for her future husband.
- “I believe that we can be extraordinary together, rather than ordinary apart.” – Meredith Grey, Grey’s Anatomy
Another Valentine’s day quote comes from one of the most heart wrenching movies, Stuck in Love. The movie follows a family and their respective journey towards their own romantic lives. Here’s a quote from the patriarch, Bill talking about how much he appreciated his family just sitting there in silence to celebrate the holidays.
- “I could hear my heart beating. I could hear everyone’s heart. I could hear the human noise we sat there making. Not one of us moved, not even when the room went dark.” – Bill Borgens, Stuck in Love
Glen Powell is this generation’s man for romcom. Here’s a quote from his character, Charlie Young in Netflix’s Set It Up which follows two young adults in the corporate world and at the beginning of their careers. The film co-stars Zoey Deutch.
- “You’re not hard to get. You’re hard to earn, it’s so much better.” – Charlie Young, Set It Up
A quote from one of our favorite romantic-comedies and probably one of the most heart wrenching best friends to lovers stories, Love Rosie where Rosie speaks at Alex’s wedding and basically tells him that she has loved him all this time.
- “No matter where you are or what you’re doing or who you’re with. I will always honestly, truly, completely love you.” – Rosie Dunne, Love, Rosie
Going back to one of the most classic romantic-comedies ever starring Heath Ledger and Julia Stiles is 10 Things I Hate About You. This movie follows the fake dating trope which inevitably leads the characters to fall in love. Here’s a quote from a line in Kat Stratford’s poem that she dedicated to Patrick.
- “But mostly, I hate the way I don’t hate you, not even close, not even a little, not even at all.” – Kat Stratford, 10 Things I Hate About You
Another romantic-comedy classic, Drive Me Crazy starred Melissa Joan Hart and Adrien Grenier in a movie that turns fake dating into real love. The 90s certainly loved the fake dating trope and having the main characters fall in love, here’s a quote from the movie’s ending.
- “So, who are we making jealous?” Nicole Maris, “Everyone, Nicole” Chase Hammond – Drive Me Crazy
There’s no denying that we were all heartbroken after reading or watching Nicholas Sparks’ A Walk to Remember. The movie stars Mandy Moore and Shane West as Jamie Sullivan and Landon Carter, respectively. The story follows the pair as they fall in love and Jamie’s battle with being terminally ill and how Landon makes all of her wishes come true before she passes.
- “Stand there. One foot there, and one foot here. Right now, you’re standing in the state line. You’re in two places at once.” – Landon Carter, A Walk to Remember
To add to the list of painful movies that involve one of them being terminally ill is Bella Thorne and Patrick Schwarzenegger’s Midnight Sun. The story follows Bella’s character Katie who has a disease where she can’t be out in the sun since it is highly dangerous for her. Here’s a quote from Patrick’s Charlie talking about how he enjoyed his short period with Katie.
- “Even though our time together was short. The stars have been burning for every moment of it. And the light from those moments will be shining down for the next thousand years.” – Charlie Reed, Midnight Sun
To keep things on a lighter note, here’s a quote from one of our favorite Jenny Han boys, Peter Kavinsky. We all fell head over heels for Peter Kavinsky in Netflix’s adaptation of the To all the Boys I’ve Loved Before book series along with Lara Jean and Peter’s love story.
- “Hey, I’m tired. Can I use you as a pillow?” – Peter Kavinsky, To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before
To end things on a note that basically summarizes the feeling of love for most of us, here’s a quote from the 2008 romantic-comedy, 27 Dresses starring Katherine Heigl and James Marsden.
- “Love is patient. Love is kind. Love means slowly losing your mind.” – Kevin Doyle, 27 Dresses
Other Valentine’s Quotes
Quotes for the Day of Hearts are not only found in TV or the movies but also in the Bible. A few bible verses about love include:
- 1 Corinthians 16:14 – Let all that you do be done in love
- 1 Corinthians 16:4-7 – Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude
- Colossians 3:14 – And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.
Valentine’s quotes for love are not only limited to the screens, but they can be found all around. From books to the things people say to us every single day.
Why Do We Love TV or Movie Characters So Much?
There’s no denying that many of us look for inspiration from our favorite characters. It’s possible because they represent the parts of ourselves that we want to show or we want to embody. Another quote about true love was by Modern Family’s Jay Pritchett (Ed O’Neil),
“Why do we choose partners so different from ourselves? It’s not fate, or chance, or cliches like ‘the heart wants what it wants.’ We choose our partners because they represent the unfinished business from our childhood. And we choose them because they manifest the qualities we wish we had. In doing so, in choosing such a challenging partner and working to give them what they need we chart a course for our own growth.”
The Bottom Line
There is an expansive list of Valentine’s quotes for love that can be found anywhere. These love quotes are seen in TV shows, movies, books like the Bible, and more. Although February 14 is a day popularly known to be associated with couples, it is still important to express extra love for the other people we have in our lives. It is a day to show extra gratitude and appreciation for them choosing to actively stay in our lives.