Home Shopee extends help to Lola who accidentally burned life savings

Shopee extends help to Lola who accidentally burned life savings


A 95-year-old Lola from Nueva Ecija accidentally burned her P14,000 life savings.

Shopee partnered with several brands on Shopee Mall to provide kitchen appliances for Honorata Gahis to help her cook her daily meals safely despite losing her savings. 

The 95-year-old woman from Nueva Ecija recently went viral for accidentally burning her life savings worth P14,000 as she was cooking rice. 

Kitchen appliance brand Kyowa gave Gahis a rice cooker and electric water pot, while Tough Mama provided a gas stove and a box fan. On the other hand, Tekno Philippines provided her with a table oven and gas stove to ensure she has all her essential cooking tools. Upon receiving these, Gahis and her granddaughter, Sarahlie, expressed their gratitude for the kind gesture. 

“For a lot of our loyal shoppers, Shopee is where they get the things they need the most, and for Lola Honorata, we took that one step further by seeking her out and helping where we could,” Director of Shopee Philippines Martin Yu said.

“We would like to thank Kyowa, Tough Mama, and Tekno for their generosity and for supporting Shopee’s mission as we reach out to Lola Honorata.” (PR)

Shopee Philippines

Links are affiliates which means we earn a small percentage of every sale made through these links.

Also Read: Pope updates canon law to address paedophilia by priests

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *