CAGAYAN DE ORO, PHILIPPINES — Rufus filed several bills aiming to declare caves and waterfalls in CDO as ecotourism sites in line with President Bongbong Marcos’ directive on boosting tourism for economic growth.
On August 5, CDO 2nd District Rep. Rufus Rodriguez met with officials from DOT (Department of Tourism), DPWH (Dept. of Public Works and Highways), and DENR (Dept. of Environment and Natural Resources) at his Congressional Office at Barangay Nazareth.
“We have to tell the world that Cagayan de Oro City is ready again for tourism,” Rodriguez said.
Accordingly, the DOT, DPWH, and DENR have agreed to create a joint committee to conduct ecological assessments on all locations. While development stays the main objective, the committee will emphasize the conservation of the area and will ensure that the natural state of the caves and falls is not excessively disturbed.
The bills filed by Rodriguez have been referred to the Committee on Tourism and await their second reading.
Rufus said that he was “very grateful for the attendance and commitment of DENR-10 Director Henry Adornado, DOT-10 Director Marie Elaine Unchuan, DPWH 2nd District Engr. Gabriel Guinitaran, and all other staff members who attended the meeting.”
Likewise, the regional directors thanked Cong. Rufus and they offered their support to all endeavors undertaken by his office in service of the City of Cagayan de Oro.
The following are the House bills filed by Cong. Rufus:
Caves in Cagayan de Oro:
- HB 2448 – Huluga Caves 1 & 2 in Barangay Indahag
- HB 2449 – Kalapat Cave in Dansolihon
- HB 2450 – Kweba de Oro in Bayanga
- HB 2451 – Langag Cave in Dansolihon
- HB 2452 – Macahambus Cave in Bayanga
- HB 2453 – Mambuaya Cave in Mambuaya
- HB 2454 – Bolutohan Cave in Indahag
- HB 2455 – Calabera Cave in Indahag
Waterfalls in Cagayan de Oro:
- HB 2870 – Migtalahid Falls in Dansolihon
- HB 2871 – Birhen Falls in Dansolihon
- HB 2872 – Igbalay Falls in Balubal
- HB 2873 – Migtusok Falls in FS Catanico
- HB 2874 – Sinulom Falls in Tinagpoloan
- HB 2875 – Ulo Balongkot Falls in Dansolihon
See official post below: