If you’re planning to take the Civil Service Exam (CSE) in the Philippines, then you know that reviewing is crucial to increase your chances of passing. Luckily, with the advent of technology, there are now various resources available online to help you prepare for the exam. If you are looking for a Civil Service Exam Reviewer on the Internet, we have compiled links of websites that offer reviewers for both Professional and Sub-Professional. These reviewers will help you find topics that you need to have an in-depth study.
Table of contents
- What is the Civil Service Exam?
- The Civil Service Exam: How to Prepare
- Scope and Coverage of the Civil Service Exam:
- List of Websites with Links of Civil Service Exam Reviewer
- Other Direct Links for Reviewer
- Civil Service Exam Requirements
- Tips for Passing the Civil Service Exam
What is the Civil Service Exam?
The Civil Service Exam is a competitive exam designed to test the knowledge, skills, and abilities of candidates seeking entry-level positions in the civil service of a government agency. It is typically used by federal, state, and local governments in the United States, as well as by other countries around the world.
The Civil Service Exam: How to Prepare
The civil service test application procedure differs depending on the company. Although the total duration of the exam may vary, you should plan on spending at least a few hours taking it. Multiple-choice questions, short responses, and spoken portions are all possible in tests.
You can be required to present a snapshot of your performance for the role, depending on the position. For instance, a prospective teacher would be required to give the test committee a brief lecture.
Scope and Coverage of the Civil Service Exam:
Here are the scope and coverage of the Civil Service Exam:
Note: You need to have a score of 80% in order to pass the Civil Service Exam.
|Reference||Professional Level||SubProfessional Level|
Scope of Examination
|In English and Filipino:|
Vocabulary; Grammar and Correct Usage; Organization of Ideas; Analysis/Synthesis; Word Analogy; Data Interpretation; Logic and Abstract Reasoning; and Numerical Reasoning.
|In English and Filipino:|
Vocabulary; Grammar and Correct Usage; Organization of Ideas; Analysis/Synthesis; Clerical Ability; Spelling; and Numerical Reasoning.
|General Information items on the following;|
Philippine Constitution; Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Public Officials and Employees (R.A 6713); Peace and Human Rights Issues and Concepts; and Environment Management and Protection.
|No. of Test Items||170||165|
|Time Limit||3 hours, 10 minutes||2 hours, 40 minutes|
|Test Proper||8 a.m to 11:10 a.m||8 a.m to 10:40 a.m|
|Time Required for Pre and Post Examination Activities/ Documentation||Approximately one hour before and one hour after the test proper|
List of Websites with Links of Civil Service Exam Reviewer
1. Exam Ally
2. ACE Reviewer PDF copy
- You can get free PDF copy here
3. Civil Service Exam PH
- Math Questions
- Grammar and Correct Usage
- Sentence Completion
- Synonym Questions
- Reading Comprehension
- Word Analogy
- Logic Reasoning
- Numerical Reasoning
- Vocabulary Questions
4. Team Lyqa Test-taking Tips, Tricks and Techniques
5. Math Reviewer
- This website is compilation of useful math reviewers and solutions
Other Direct Links for Reviewer
Here you can download the Civil Service Exam Reviewer. Grab it free from our direct downloading links.
- Philippine Civil Service Complete Reviewer 2021 arranged by Leonalyn Mutia-Tayone
- Civil Service Exam Reviewer that Helped a Lot of Takers Pass [Mock Exam + Answers]
- Civil Service Exam Reviewer (Part )
- Civil Service Exam Reviewer (Part 2)
- Civil Service Exam Reviewer (Part 3)
- Civil Service Exam Reviewer (Part 4)
- Civil Service Exam Answer key Only
- Abstract Reasoning with Explanation
Civil Service Exam Requirements
Exams are scheduled annually by the CSC. Before the deadline, you must complete the following tasks in order to take the next exam:
- Completely filled out application form (Download Application Form no. 100 For (CSE) Civil Service Examination (Revised Sept. 2016)
- Four pieces of colored passport-sized photos (Passport ID Picture for Civil Service Exam (CSC Guidelines)
- Philippine passport size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.8 inches x 1.4 inches)
- Colored with white background
- Printed on good quality photo paper in standard close-up shot (from shoulder level up with the head and face occupying at least 80% of the picture and with the name tag position at approximately 1 inch or 2.54 cm below the chin)
- Bare faced (with no eyeglasses or any accessories that may cover the facial features);
- Showing left and right ears;
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera with neutral facial expression and both eyes open;
- Not computer enhanced photo
- Original and photocopy of valid government-issued ID
- The CSC might also ask for additional requirements, including NSO birth certificate if the valid ID presented does not indicate the date of birth.
Tips for Passing the Civil Service Exam
It pays to study and brush up on fundamental English spelling and grammar norms, fundamental Math calculations and principles, and analogies because no one can accurately forecast what will be asked in the upcoming civil service exam.
It’s also a good idea to read up on the most recent issues and news stories pertaining to government work that might be included in exam questions, such as those concerning human rights and peace, environmental management and protection, and codes of conduct and ethics for public servants and employees. – WhatALife!/Jayve
Also read: List of Passers August 2022 Civil Service Exam Results – Professional Level
Leave a Reply