Home WATCH: ‘All-in-one’ Oro Care Village in Upper Puerto, CDO launch

WATCH: ‘All-in-one’ Oro Care Village in Upper Puerto, CDO launch

launch of oro care village in puerto cdo successful

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY, PHILIPPINES — The ‘all-in-one’ Oro Care Village in Maitum, Upper Puerto, CDO was successfully launched on March 23, 2022.

Watch the feature video of the launch below:

The project was launched in 2016 by Mayor Oscar Moreno’s administration, in collaboration with the 18th City Council and the City Social Welfare and Development Department, in order to solve the city’s social issues.

Oro Care Village has the following centers:

  • Mother Teresa Oro Care Center for Children
  • Boystown Center
  • Bahay Pag-asa for CICL minors
  • Residential Care for Elderly
  • Home Care for Girls
  • Women Crisis Center

Among the services offered by the ‘all-in-one village’ are educational services; home life services; social services; spiritual and religious services; livelihood productivity skills training; food, nutrition and health services, and socio-cultural activities.

The land on which the Oro Care Village was built was donated on September 13, 1990 by the couple Engr. Sesenio S. Rosales and Madam Gloria Laureana S. Rosales, the owner of Capitol University, during the time of former Mayor Pablo ‘Ambing’ Magtajas.

An auction of local artworks was organized during the launch, raising P48,000 for the completion of Oro Care Village and local artists.

Seventy percent (70%) of the profits will go to the children’s piggy bank, with the remaining 30% going to their capital. When the children come home, just 70% of the resources will be available to them.

There were also pastry products such as binangkal, cookies, banana cake, and biko on sale where the clients of the centers Home Care for Girls, Balay Paglaum, Mother Teresa Oro Care Center for Children and Bahay Pag-asa made it as part of the program called ‘Abot sa Kamot’. – WhatALife! / Francis

Source: (CDOInfonet)

Also Read: Comelec: Election equipment delivery almost complete

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *