What is a PSA Death Certificate?
A PSA Death Certificate, issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority, is an official document that records vital information about an individual’s death. To obtain a PSA Death Certificate, the death must be formally registered with the Local Civil Registry Office (LCRO) of the city or municipality where the person passed away. Once registered, the LCRO submits the document for certification to the PSA, which processes the death certificate. With that, this article provides you with a comprehensive guide on how to request a PSA Death Certificate online.
Table of Contents
- Information You Need to Provide to Request a PSA Death Certificate
- Who Can Request a PSA Death Certificate?
- How to Get a PSA Death Certificate Online via PSA Helpline
- Things to Keep in Mind when Requesting a Death Certificate Online
- Online Application Payment Fees and Options
- Delivery Reminders
Information You Need to Provide to Request a PSA Death Certificate
To request a PSA Death Certificate online, you need to provide the following information for verification and issuance of certification:
- Complete name of the deceased person
- Date of death
- Place of death
- Place of marriage (if applicable)
- Your complete name and address
- The number of copies needed
- Purpose of the certification
Who Can Request a PSA Death Certificate?
Individuals eligible to request a PSA Death Certificate include:
- Guardians of the deceased person
Additionally, a Court of Proper Public Official or any other authorized individuals can request the certificate. Lawyers can also file the request if they have a special power of attorney (SPA) issued by a relative.
How to Get a PSA Death Certificate Online via PSA Helpline
You can request a PSA Death Certificate online conveniently through the PSA Helpline. Here is a step-by-step guide:
1. Visit https://psahelpline.ph/ and click on the “Order Now” button.
2. On the next page, select “Death” and accept the terms and conditions by checking the box at the bottom. Then, click “Continue.”
3. You will be asked whose death certificate you’re requesting. Options include “My spouse,” “My father,” and “My mother.” Before proceeding, ensure you have the necessary information about yourself and the deceased ready.
4. Provide your personal information, including your first name, middle name, last name, birth date, sex, and civil status. Select the type of government-issued ID you possess. Click “Continue” when finished.
5. Enter the name and civil status of the deceased individual.
6. Input the date of the person’s death.
7. Specify the place of death.
8. Indicate whether the registration of the death certificate was late or on time.
9. Select the purpose for requesting a copy of the death certificate.
10. If there were legal proceedings conducted involving the deceased, list them.
11. Provide your delivery address, contact number, and email address. You can also designate up to three authorized representatives to receive the certificate on your behalf during delivery.
Things to Keep in Mind when Requesting a Death Certificate Online:
- Ensure the recipient’s name matches the details on the ID provided.
- Delivery takes 3-4 days within Metro Manila and 3-8 working days outside Metro Manila.
- A valid government-issued ID is required for the courier to release the document.
- The courier will only release the document to you or your authorized representatives.
- If you or your representatives are unavailable during delivery, make arrangements in advance by calling (02) 8737-1111.
Online Application Payment Fees and Options:
- The cost for one copy of a PSA Death Certificate is Php365.00, which includes courier and service fees.
- Payment options include credit cards (Mastercard or Visa), ATM, 7-Eleven, Gcash, Bayad, PayMaya, and various bank channels.
- Delivery takes 3-4 working days within Metro Manila and 3-8 working days outside Metro Manila.
- You must personally receive the PSA document and present a valid government-issued ID to the courier.
- If you’re unavailable during the delivery date, make arrangements by calling (02) 8737-1111.
- For unsuccessful delivery attempts, contact (02) 8737-1111 or reach out via email at email@example.com.
Remember that undelivered documents after two attempts will be returned to PSA after 30 calendar days, and payments shall be forfeited. In such cases, you will need to place a new order through PSAHelpline.ph. Requesting a PSA Death Certificate online provides a convenient and efficient way to obtain this important legal document without the need to leave your home.