MANILA, PHILIPPINES — The National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) reports that over 30 million SIM cards, or 17.99 percent, have been registered as of February 8, 2023.
On the official SIM Registration Update page of NTC, 30,395,679 SIM cards, or 17.99 percent of the 168 million subscribers, have been registered as of 11:59 pm on February 8, 2023.
Of the 30 million total, 15 million are SMART subscribers (23.09 percent of its 67 million total users), 12 million are Globe subscribers (14.04 percent of its 87 million total users), and 2.3 million are DITO subscribers (18 percent of its 13 million total users).
DICT Secretary Ivan John Uy said in a statement that the agency is “seeing good progress in terms of registered subscribers.”
“We look forward to how this will translate to a safer and more secure digital communications in the coming days,” he added.
The DICT also continues to roll out SIM card registration in select remote areas in the country. According to DICT spokesperson and Undersecretary Anna Mae Yu Lamentillo, the ICT agency’s free Wi-Fi sites would serve as hubs for SIM registration in these areas.
“The SIM registration in remote areas is intended to ensure that we are reaching out in areas with limited telecommunication or internet access to assist them in registering their SIMs,” she said.
SIM Card Registration: Step-by-Step Guides
Have you registered your SIM yet? Check out the step-by-step guides for different SIMs below:
- STEP BY STEP GUIDE: TM SIM Card Registration for the SIM Card Registration Act
- STEP BY STEP GUIDE: Globe SIM Card Registration for the SIM Card Registration Act
- STEP BY STEP GUIDE: Smart SIM Card Registration for the SIM Card Registration
- STEP BY STEP GUIDE: TNT SIM Card Registration for the SIM Card Registration
- STEP BY STEP GUIDE: DITO SIM Card Registration for the SIM Card Registration Act
Also read: SIM registration update: Over 28 million SIM cards registered
Leave a Reply