Is the SIM card registration deadline extended? YES! Find out more about the extension below:
MANILA, PHILIPPINES — Justice Secretary Jesus Crispin Remulla announces that the government has decided to extend SIM card registration for up to 90 days.
Remulla’s announcement was shared on Twitter by GMA News Correspondent Ian Cruz.
“BREAKING: Secretary Jesus Crispin Remulla announces the 90-day extension of SIM registration before the start of the 4th Inter-agency meeting on the Oriental Mindoro oil spill,” he wrote.
“There’s a 90-day extension,” Remulla said.
As stated in the SIM Card Registration Act, the deadline for sim registration is on April 26, 2023. However, according to the latest data provided by the National Telecommunications Commission on its official website, only 49 percent or 82 million of the 168 million SIM cards have been registered.
Telecommunications companies such as Globe, Smart, and DITO have previously requested an extension for SIM registration due to concerns about subscribers having no valid ID.
SIM Card Registration: Step-by-Step Guides
Have you registered your SIM yet? Check out the step-by-step guides for different SIMs below:
- STEP BY STEP GUIDE: TM SIM Card Registration for the SIM Card Registration Act
- STEP BY STEP GUIDE: Globe SIM Card Registration for the SIM Card Registration Act
- STEP BY STEP GUIDE: Smart SIM Card Registration for the SIM Card Registration
- STEP BY STEP GUIDE: TNT SIM Card Registration for the SIM Card Registration
- STEP BY STEP GUIDE: DITO SIM Card Registration for the SIM Card Registration Act
Also read: SIM registration update: Over 41 million SIM cards registered
Leave a Reply