MANILA, PHILIPPINES — Based on the latest Pulse Asia pre-election survey March 2022 results released on Wednesday, April 6, Broadcaster Raffy Tulfo remains the top pick among candidates for senator.
There were slight changes in the ranks from Pulse Asia’s February poll: broadcaster Raffy Tulfo and Antique Rep. Loren Legarda remain first and second, respectively, although former House speaker Alan Peter Cayetano takes third place, overtaking former Public Works Secretary Mark Villar.
Although the majority of the likely senate winners in May 2022 are either incumbent or former members of Congress, Mr. Raffy Tulfo is alone in first place as of March 2022 with 65.6%. The following senatorial have a statistical possibility of being elected:
- Antique Representative Loren Legarda (58.3%, 2nd to 4th places);
- Taguig City-Pateros Representative Alan Peter Cayetano (56.4%, 2nd to 5th places);
- Sorsogon Governor Francis Escudero (54.4%, 2nd to 5th places);
- Former Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) Secretary Mark Villar (52.4%, 3rd to 7th places);
- Senator Sherwin Gatchalian (50.3%, 5th to 7th places);
- Senator Juan Miguel Zubiri (50.1%, 5th to 7th places);
- Senator Joel Villanueva (43.9%, 8th to 10th places);
- Mr. Robin Padilla (42.5%, 8th to 10th places);
- Former Vice-President Jejomar Binay (42.5%, 8th to 10th places);
- Former Senator Jinggoy Estrada (36.5%, 11th to 14th places);
- Former Senator JV Estrada Ejercito (35.9%, 11th to 14th places);
- Senator Risa Hontiveros (35.6%, 11th to 14th places); and
- Former Quezon City Mayor Herbert Bautista (34.3%, 11th to 14th places).
The survey took place from March 17 to March 21. In-person interviews with 2,400 persons aged 18 and above were conducted across the country.
Around 1.8 % of likely voters are undecided about their senatorial selections, 1.7% are not voting for any senatorial candidate, and 0.2% refused to say who they will elect as a senator in the May 2022 elections. – WhatALife! / Francis