Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
The Philippines used many courier services way before online shopping was a thing. However, with online shopping increasing in popularity, knowing what courier service can cater to your needs is necessary. Here’s a list of Nationwide Courier Services in the Philippines to help you choose the appropriate courier service for your needs.
Table of contents
What are Courier Services?
From ancient Rome’s messengers to today’s popular car-booking apps, such as Grab and Angkas, courier service is an old trade. These services mainly focus on logistics, from people to groceries, van lines, and local and international goods.
In the Philippines, courier services are essential to the Filipino lifestyle due to the archipelago’s geography. Moreover, the Overseas Filipino Worker’s tradition of sending Balikbayan boxes is a huge part of Filipino culture that requires these services.
List of Nationwide Courier Services in The Philippines
LBC is one of the Philippines’ leading courier service providers, to the point that its name has become synonymous with package deliveries. It’s the largest in the nation, with 1,400 branches all over the archipelago and the first in the country to offer cargo shipping, express delivery, and 24-hour door-to-door delivery service.
LBC Express Services Offered
- Shipping Services – Shipping is LBC’s primary product, with cargo transport modes via air, sea, and land. They transport many kinds of goods, from documents and parcels to packages local and international.
- Remittance Services – Remittance is a prevalent method of sending money from Overseas Filipino Workers to their families back in the Philippines. Along with the Balikbayan boxes, LBC also offers remittance services.
- E-commerce Fulfilment Services – One of LBC’s latest business ventures, this service allows online sellers to deliver their products to their customers, functioning as a middleman to complete the transaction.
- Business Solutions – LBC also accepts commissions for logistics and supply chain solutions, such as warehousing and cross-docking services.
LBC Express Online Booking
With LBC’s new E-Commerce services, they have transitioned some of their processes online. For example, clients will fill up forms online to eliminate waiting times at the office. Then, go to the counter, tell them you have booked online, and drop off your package! Here’s the process for booking online:
- First, go to LBC’s official website: https://www.lbcexpress.com, and click on “send a package” located at the web page’s top-center part.
- You will then be redirected to another page where you’ll fill out the necessary details of your package, including how it will be delivered and whether you want someone to pick up your package or drop it off at your nearest LBC sorting office.
- Once completed, you’ll be given a booking reference number. Afterward, start packing your package, but don’t seal it yet since LBC will inspect it first and then seal it for your convenience. In addition, don’t forget to label your package with your booking reference number.
- If you’ve chosen the pick-up option, an LBC representative will come to your address for pick-up and payment. For drop off, go to your nearest LBC express branch, give your booking reference number and package, then pay your fees.
J and T Express
A new face in the Philippine logistics industry, J and T Express gained its fame online as a significant courier service provider that catered to online shoppers. It was founded in Indonesia last 2015 and serve major Southeast Asian nations such as Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia and the Philippines.
J and T Express Services Offered
J and T Express mainly offers E-commerce Fulfilment Services for online shoppers and sellers alike. Primarily serving small and medium enterprises and online businesses, J and T stand out in its affordable price rates and partnership with giant corporations such as Oppo, Realme, PLDT, Smart, Hino, Shopee and Lazada.
J and T Express Online Booking
Since J and T focus on E-commerce, most of their transactions are done online. You can make a booking through the J&T Express website: https://www.jtexpress.ph/, mobile app, 24-hour customer care hotline, or phone number of the closest branch to arrange for the collection of your delivery. Here are the steps for booking parcels online:
- Create a J and T account – You can link your Google or Facebook account for a seamless registration process.
- Fill up the shipment form – On the next page, you’ll be required to input shipment details. This will include sender and recipient details.
- Choose a pick-up option – You can either drop off your package at a J and T office or have them pick it up with some fees.
One of the biggest and most established express door-to-door delivery companies in the Philippines, JRS Express has 460+ locations nationwide and a history of more than 60 years in the courier business. It is a 100% Filipino-owned business and one of the most well-known in the courier services industry in the Philippines.
JRS Express Services Offered
JRS Express’ business model is dedicated to a wide variety of options for shipments and parcel deliveries. In addition to package delivery, JRS Express also provides moving services. JRS can help you if you need to relocate your furniture, appliances, or other household items.
JRS Express Online Booking
Although JRS Express is one of the oldest courier service providers in the Philippines, they don’t offer online booking services. However, you can contact them on their Facebook page or call your nearest branch office for pick-up services. Moreover, JRS Express offices also operate on Sundays, making timed deliveries possible. –WhatALife!/Vaughn