Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
The Philippines is becoming increasingly interested in electric vehicles, and one of the most popular types is the electric mini car. These small, efficient cars are perfect for city driving and offer several benefits, including lower fuel and maintenance costs and zero emissions. With the government promoting the use of electric vehicles, there are several models available in the Philippines at varying price points. Take a look at the best electric mini car in the Philippines here.
Table of contents
What is an Electric Mini Car?
A mini electric car is a small-sized electric vehicle that is designed for short-range city driving. They are often compact and lightweight, making them easy to maneuver in congested urban areas.
Mini electric cars are powered by an electric motor and a rechargeable battery, which allows them to produce zero emissions, making them an eco-friendly alternative to traditional gas-powered vehicles. Due to their smaller size, they typically have a lower driving range compared to larger electric vehicles, but they are ideal for short commutes and urban driving.
The Benefits of Owning an Electric Mini Car
Owning an electric mini car has several advantages. Firstly, they’re affordable, both in terms of purchase price and running costs. Electric mini cars are highly efficient, and their smaller size means they require less energy to move around. This translates into lower fuel and maintenance costs; other benefits includes:
- Eco-friendly and produces zero emissions.
- Lower fuel costs as it runs on electricity and does not require gasoline.
- Lower maintenance costs as it has fewer moving parts and does not require oil changes.
- Ideal for city driving due to its compact size and ease of maneuvering in tight spaces.
- Reduced carbon footprint and contributes to a cleaner environment.
- Much quieter than traditional gasoline-powered cars, reducing noise pollution.
Electric Mini Cars in the Philippines
Several electric mini cars are available in the Philippines, each with unique features and price point. Here are five of the best electric mini cars you can buy in the Philippines with prices:
- Hyundai Eon – Starting at Php 500,00
- Wuling Hongguang Mini EV – Starting at Php 650,000
- Toyota C+ Pod – Starting at Php 760,000
- ChangLi Mini EV – Starting at Php 560,000
- Jetour Ice Cream EV – Starting at Php 699,000
Factors to Consider When Choosing an Electric Mini Car
When choosing an electric mini car, there are several factors to consider. These include battery life and range, charging time and infrastructure, safety features, and price and affordability.
- Battery life and range are essential considerations, as you don’t want to be stranded with a dead battery. Make sure to choose a car with a battery that can last long enough for your daily travels and has a decent range.
- Charging time and infrastructure are also critical. Check if charging stations are available in your area and how long it takes to fully charge the car’s battery.
- Safety features are also important, as you want to ensure that you and your passengers are protected in the event of an accident. Look for cars with features such as airbags, anti-lock brakes, and electronic stability control.
- Consider the price and affordability of the car. While electric mini cars are generally cheaper than their larger counterparts, they still represent a significant investment. Make sure to choose a car that fits your budget and that you can afford to maintain.
When it comes to the charging plan for a mini electric car, the process is similar to other electric vehicles. It is essential to have a designated charging area to charge your vehicle, preferably at home or a nearby public charging station. With a fully charged battery, most mini electric cars can travel for up to 100 miles or more, depending on the model.
In terms of charging time, it can vary depending on the charging station’s power output and the size of the vehicle’s battery. Typically, it takes around 4-8 hours to fully charge a mini electric car using a Level 2 charging station, while fast charging stations can charge the battery up to 80% in as little as 30 minutes.
Tips to Keep in Mind
Switching to an electric mini car is not only eco-friendly, but it can also save you money in the long run. With the growing demand for sustainable transportation options, there are now more affordable electric mini car prices in the Philippines.
With the following tips, you can find the best electric mini car that suits your budget and driving needs.
Firstly, do your research to find reliable brands and models that suit your budget and driving needs. Additionally, check for government incentives that may be available, such as tax incentives and rebates.
It’s also worth keeping an eye out for deals and promotions offered by car dealerships or manufacturers. Lastly, consider the total cost of ownership, as electric vehicles may have a higher upfront cost but generally have lower operating costs.
With these tips in mind, you can find the best electric mini car with prices that suit your budget and features that fit your needs. – WhatALife!/Jayve
Also read: GUIDE: Finding Electric Car Charging Stations in the Philippines
Leave a Reply