If you have found yourself experiencing temporary suspension on your mobile SIM card due to inactivity or other reasons, do not worry! Reactivating your SIM card is a straightforward process, and this article is going to walk you through how to reactivate expired SIM cards in a step-by-step process. This article will also show you how to activate other SIM cards such as Globe, Smart, TNT, SUN, and DITO sim cards so you can get back to networking with others.
In the Philippines, SIM card reactivation procedures may vary depending on the service provider, but general steps are followed across all networks. This guide will help you gain access to mobile services allowing users to stay connected with others.
Note: It is essential to have a valid identification and SIM card ready for the activation process.
So let us get into how to reactivate expired SIM cards!
Your SIM card only starts to expire when your SIM account balance reaches ZERO or no load, and you are required to reload the account in 120 days or 4 months for it to stay activated. If you do not reach the deadline, your SIM card will expire automatically. All SIM card network services in the Philippines use the same method for SIM card validity.
How to Reactivate Expired SMART SIM Card?
For those who are using SMART SIM cards, this will be a guide on how to reactivate expired SMART SIM cards and the steps that must be followed for users to reactivate. SMART SIM cards will be deactivated if they have not been loaded for 120 days or 4 months. Make sure to avoid not putting load in the given amount of time for the SIM card to stay activated.
- Users of the SIM card must provide the serial number of the SIM card.
- After finding the serial number, go to your closest Smart store and inquire about the expired SIM card.
- Once you have gone to the store, provide another contact number.
- Provide one valid identification.
- Provide the deactivated SIM card.
- They will require you to sign the paperwork.
- After the process has been done, all you have to do is wait for them to reactivate your SIM card.
- The process will be free of charge, and all you have to pay for is a prepaid load you will put on your SIM for use.
How to Reactivate Expired Globe SIM Card?
Unlike SMART SIM cards, Globe SIM cards will expire within 60 days or 2 months, of course, if it has not been loaded within the time span. To reactivate your Globe SIM card, follow the steps below.
- Pull out your expired SIM card and check the serial number.
- Once you have the SIM card, as long as the account is not closed but only deactivated, you will be able to reactivate your SIM.
- Go to the nearest Globe store and go to the front desk to inquire about reactivation.
- Provide the SIM card and valid identification to the staff for them to work on your reactivation.
- Once everything is given, wait for the staff to provide paperwork that you have to sign in order for you to reactivate.
- A new SIM will be provided; however, you will still have the same number.
- Once you have signed the paperwork and finished all inquiries, the staff will provide you with a new SIM card for use with the same number with no issues.
How to Reactivate Expired TNT SIM Card?
Unfortunately, unlike Globe and SMART SIM cards, TNT has no way of activation once the prepaid SIM has been disconnected. Under the TNT prepaid SIM service terms and conditions, it is stated that the disconnected TNT Prepaid SIM cards will not be reconnected, and mobile numbers associated with the disconnected TNT Prepaid SIM cards cannot be reacquired.
To use a TNT SIM card again, one must purchase a new TNT Prepaid SIM card to continue using the available services.
However, activating a TNT SIM card is simple.
- First, insert the SIM card into your phone and turn on your mobile data.
- Once that has been done, open the TNT website.
- You will then receive a text message from TNT, meaning that your SIM is now activated, and you can start calling, texting, and browsing the internet.
Another way of activating it is by dialing *123#. After dialing the number, navigate to Balance/Services, then to Check Balance. You will be shown the balance in your load in real-time as you receive a text message. When you receive a message saying, “Welcome to TNT!” it means that your SIM has been activated.
How to Reactivate Expired Sun SIM Card?
Just like SMART SIM cards, SUN SIM cards take 120 days or 4 months of no load for it to expire. Acquiring it is easy as you just have to go to the storefront and request a SIM card with valid identification. When acquiring a SIM card from SUN, they will provide a contract. With this, even after your phone has been deactivated, you will be able to activate it again as long as the contract period is not over. So follow these step-by-step rules to reactivate your SUN SIM card.
- Remove the SIM card from your phone and make sure to keep it to provide it to a physical store.
- When in the physical store, inquire about reactivation and provide the SIM card, contract, and valid identification.
- Once you have provided everything, wait for the staff to reactivate your SIM.
An alternative way is starting a new service provider while porting the phone number to a different network SIM card.
How to Reactivate Expired DITO SIM card?
DITO SIM card will deactivate when it has not been loaded for at least 90 days or 3 months.
Unfortunately, just like TNT, DITO SIM cards have no way of reactivating when the SIM card expires. Although there is no harm in trying, users are allowed to contact customer service regarding the expiration of the SIM card, but they will most likely offer to buy a new SIM card. – WhatALife!/Zain