Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
The world is changing, and so are the vehicles we drive. Electric cars are quickly becoming more popular and prevalent on the roads, and the Philippines is no exception. With the benefits of being environmentally friendly and cost-effective, it’s no wonder that people are turning to electric cars as an alternative to traditional gasoline-powered vehicles. If you’re considering making the switch to an e-car, here are the top 5 best electric cars in the Philippines that you should consider.
1. Nissan Leaf
The Nissan Leaf is a popular choice for those looking to switch to an electric car. It has a 5 Seater Hatchback available at a price of ₱2.798 Million in the Philippines. It has a ground clearance of 155 mm and dimensions is 4490 mm L x 1788 mm W x 1540 mm H. With its standard 40 kWh battery delivering up to 149 miles on a single charge, you can take daily commuting and day trips in stride.
With Nissan LEAF’s available 60 kWh battery, you’ve got up to 212 miles of range per charge – letting you hit the road to adventure. This car is perfect for those with a daily commute. It’s also equipped with a host of features such as adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, and automatic emergency braking.
- Modern exterior design
- Efficient powertrain
- Too simple looking interior layout
- Limited comfort and convenience features
2. Hyundai Ioniq Electric
The Hyundai Ioniq Electric is a stylish and efficient electric car. With the longer-range battery, the rear-drive configuration generates 225 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque, which Hyundai says will propel the Ioniq 5 to 60 mph in 7.4 seconds. The all-wheel-drive version is much more powerful, with 320 horses and a substantial 446 pound-feet, and quicker too with a price range from ₱3.068 – 3.698 Million. It’s also equipped with a variety of features such as heated seats, a sunroof, and a touchscreen display.The new SUV from Hyundai comes in a total of 2 variants. Ioniq 5 is available with Automatic transmission. The Ioniq 5 is a 5 Seater SUV and has a length of 4635 mm, the width of 1890 mm, and a wheelbase of 3000 mm. along with a ground clearance of 160 mm.
- EV Easy Rider
- Comfortable Cabin
- Fast Charging
- Pulls Out All the Stops
- Upfront With Info
- Turn and Face the Strain
- Efficiency Over Emergency
- Climate Control Concerns
3. BMW i3
The BMW iX3 is a unique and innovative electric car. It is a 5 Seater SUV available at a price of ₱4.59 Million in the Philippines. It has a ground clearance of 179 mm and dimensions is 4734 mm L x 1891 mm W x 1668 mm H. It’s also stylish and sporty, making it perfect for those who want to make a statement.
- Great agility in the city
- Low battery degradation
- Excellent turning circle
- Perfect for the city, dimensions: 3 999 × 1 775 × 1 578 mm
- Performance even at higher speeds
- Consumption 14 kWh in summer, 16-18 kWh in winter
- The “one pedal driving” function
- Safety (4-star EuroNCAP safety rating)
- Many options are extra (DC charging, heat pump, heated seats)
- Boot space
- Not suitable for long distances – hard suspension, less range
- DC CCS charging only 50 kW
- No heated steering wheel
- High price for such a small car
4. BYD E6
The BYD E6 is a 5 Seater MPV available at a price of ₱4.2 Million in the Philippines. It has a ground clearance of 150 mm and dimensions is 4560 mm L x 1822 mm W x 1645 mm H. Other key specifications of this vehicle include a 170 ground clearance and a 580 liter boot space. Manufacturers of this vehicle claim that it produces no emissions, and provides a quiet, comfortable, and easy drive. The car can also go as far as 400 km on a single charge.
- Comfortable and quiet pendants
- Full electric adjustment of front seats
- Long power reserve in adverse conditions
- High-quality electronic stuffing, which has a significant resource
- Full electric adjustment of front seats
- Extremely fast battery charging
- Suspension shaft, which contributes to the appearance of rolls when turning abruptly
- Large masses when compared to gasoline vehicles of a similar segment
- Not enough high ground clearance, as for a crossover
5. Jaguar I-PACE
The Jaguar I-Pace is a luxurious and powerful electric car. It is a 5 Seater SUV available at a price of ₱7.99 Million in the Philippines. The I-Pace dimensions is 4682 mm L x 2139 mm W x 1566 mm H and has an estimated range of 234 miles. Its fully-electric architecture has allowed the Jaguar design team to combine luxury craftsmanship with generous amounts of space and storage within the car’s interior. It also boasts its sports or performance seats that are both available in a selection of materials and colors.
- Powerful Drivetrain
- Batteries Are Easy to Charge
- Cool Exterior Style
- Advanced Driver-Assist Features
- Digital Display
- Not As Efficient With Hard Acceleration
- Weak Regenerative Braking
- Adaptive cruise control and a heated steering wheel are optional
When considering buying an electric car, some important factors to take into account include the car’s range, charging time, features, and price. It’s also essential to research the charging infrastructure in your area to ensure access to charging stations. Despite potentially being more expensive upfront, electric cars offer long-term cost.
Electric cars can be more expensive than traditional gasoline-powered cars. It is important to consider the upfront cost, as well as the long-term cost savings associated with owning an electric car, such as reduced fuel costs and maintenance expenses. It is also essential to research the charging infrastructure in your area and consider the availability of charging stations. Having easy access to charging stations can make owning an electric car more convenient and practical, particularly for those who do not have a private charging station at home. –WhatALife!/Jayve
Also read: Going Electric: A Beginner’s Guide to Buying an Electric Car in the Philippines
Leave a Reply