CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY, PHILIPPINES — Applications for the 2023 CDO City College Scholarships Program are now open! Find out how to apply below.
In a recent post on Facebook, the CDO City Scholarships Office urges interested youth to “be part of the growing number of Iskolar sa Dakbayan (ISDA)” as the applications for the 2023 CDO City College Scholarships reopen.
Check out the scholarship program details below:
Disclaimer: WhatALife! is not in any way affiliated with the CDO City Scholarships Office. The information posted on this page is sourced from the official CDO City Scholarships Office Facebook page (facebook.com/CDOCityScholarshipsOffice).
- Applicant must be a Filipino citizen;
- Applicant is a permanent resident of Cagayan de Oro City;
- Applicant must be pursuing an undergraduate degree on a full-time basis;
- Applicant must be a graduate of Senior High School;
- Applicant must be an incoming first-year college student by the start of SY 2023-2024;
- Applicant must NOT have been enrolled in College;
- Must not exceed gross total family income of 300,000 annually;
- Applicant must not have a sibling or family member that is currently a city scholar.
BASIS OF SELECTION
- Leadership; and
- Academic Scholarship – accepted applicants may choose any partner school of choice and course but are still subject to evaluation based on the actual ranking of the applicant
- Non-academic Scholarship – accepted applicants may choose any non-board course in a school approved by the City Scholarships Committee
Note: Scholarship type will be based on the applicant’s ranking as determined by the Scholarships Committee.
BENEFITS OF A CITY SCHOLAR
- Full tuition and matriculation, and other fees
- Monthly stipend
- Holistic Formation
- Photocopy of grades (Grade 12 first semester)
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate
- Certificate of Residency of Applicant indicating specific address in Cagayan de Oro with length of residence
- Residence map with a landmark of home address
- Printed photo of residence for validation purposes
- COMELEC Registration Stub/Voter’s Certificate/ ID of the Applicant or of the Parent
- Parent’s Proof of Income (choose whichever is applicable):
- If indigent parents
- Barangay Certification indicating source of income of both parents and total family income
- Or BIR Certificate of Tax Exemption for unemployed parents
- If employed or self-employed parents
- BIR Income Tax Return
- If indigent parents
- If applicable/optional:
- Certificate of Awards and Leadership from the School Head
- Photocopy of PWD ID of the applicant
- Photocopy of 4Ps ID of parents/applicant
- Certification of Indigenous People Membership
Note: Make sure to store all requirements in a clean long brown envelope. Write your name, contact number, and online application reference code legibly on the envelope.
How to apply for the 2023 CDO City College Scholarships Program?
Step 1. Accomplish the online application form: Bit.ly/ISDAApplication2023
The online form will open on February 6 and end on March 6, 2023.
Step 2. Attend the online application assembly hosted by the CDO City Scholarships Office on March 4.
Attendance is encouraged but not required.
Step 3. Submit all your requirements from March 13 to April 5.
Although all requirements are photocopies, you are also required to present the original copies during submission.
Step 4. Take the qualifying examinations in April.
For city-proper applicants, the qualifying exam is scheduled on April 25 to 27. Meanwhile, hinterland applicants may take the exam on April 28.
Step 5. Wait for the result announcement on June 2.
The results will be announced on June 2 via the CDO City Scholarships Office’s official Facebook Page.
View the official post below: