MANILA, PHILIPPINES — The Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) released the eight official entries for the 2022 cycle yesterday, October 20, 2022. This year’s message is “Balik Saya sa MMFFF 2022.”
The anticipated 48th Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) has finally announced the remaining four official entries out of the record high 22 film submissions.
It can be noted that the announcement of the first 4 was in July. The entries were based on script submissions.
The esteemed members of the Selection Committee, headed by Boots Anson-Rodrigo, chose the films based on the following criteria:
- Artistic Excellence – 40%
- Commercial Appeal – 40%
- Filipino Cultural Values – 10%
- Global Appeal – 10%
The multi-awarded film industry leader Rodrigo noted how they heavily deliberated all entries while following the rules and judging them accordingly.
“It is a collegial decision of a deliberative body,” said Rodrigo.
See the full list of entries for MMFF 2022 below:
- DELETER by Viva Communications, Inc. (starring Nadine Lustre, McCoy de Leon, and Louise Delos Reyes)
- FAMILY MATTERS by Cineko Productions, Inc. (starring Noel Trinidad, Liza Lorena, Agot Isidro, Mylene Dizon, Nonie Buencamino, JC Santos, and Nikki Valdez)
- MAMASAPANO NOW IT CAN BE TOLD by Borracho Film Production (starring Edu Manzano, Aljur Abrenica, Paolo Gumabao, Alan Paule, and Claudine Barretto)
- MY FATHER, MYSELF by 3:16 Media Network (starring Jake Cuenca, Dimples Romana, Sean de Guzman, and Alan Paule)
- LABYU WITH AN ACCENT by ABS-CBN Film Productions (starring Coco Martin and Jodi Sta. Maria)
- NANAHIMIK ANG GABI by Rein Entertainment Productions (starring Ian Veneracion, Mon Confiado, and Heaven Peralejo)
- PARTNERS IN CRIME by ABS-CBN Film Productions (starring Vice Ganda and Ivana Alawi)
- MY TEACHER by TEN17P (starring Joey de Leon and Toni Gonzaga)
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) and MMFF Concurrent Acting Chairman Engr. Carlo Dimayuga III also encouraged local moviegoers to support the film fest.
“Let us watch the MMFF in theaters once more. We are happy with the list of entries, which has a wide mix of genres. We are excited and looking forward to MMFF 2022 becoming a success,” said Dimayuga.
The Parade of Stars, which helps in promoting the films, will be hosted by Quezon City. No further information has been released about the schedule.
MMFF has been a long-standing Christmas tradition of Filipinos. That said, the Gabi ng Parangal, or awards night, will be on December 27, though the films are available in theaters from December 25, 2022, to January 7, 2023. – WhatALife!
Also read: LIST: Winners at MMFF Gabi ng Parangal 2021