CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY, PHILIPPINES — Mayor Rolando ‘Klarex’ Uy said that while his administration will support the national government’s policies on COVID-19 response, CDO’s enforcement of health protocols should still stay in place. This should be the case, especially for students in schools.
In his Friday radio program ‘Ang Inyong Alagad: Mayor Klarex Uy,’ he said that if they were to base their assessment of the health data on the declining number of new COVID-19 cases, the national government should not be overconfident.
The mayor remarked that his administration has to meet with the health experts at CHO (City Health Office), the local IATF (Inter-Agency Task Force), and the DepEd (Department of Education) CDO City Division, concerning the issue of full face-to-face classes.
After the meeting, the mayor will wait for the recommendation of the CHO and the DOH regional office on how to proceed.
Earlier in November, DepEd announced that they would allow the mandatory wearing of face masks inside classrooms to become optional. They were keeping in line with President Ferdinand ‘Bongbong’ Marcos Jr.’s recent Executive Order (EO).
The President’s EO allowed the optional wearing of face masks in public, in both indoor and outdoor areas. On the other hand, Executive Order No. 7 also mandates the enforcement of health care protocols, especially in public transport and hospitals.
Last August, the DepEd-CDO City division allowed face-to-face classes to resume in both private and public schools. However, students were still required to wear face masks and comply with health protocols then.
CDO active cases not at triple digits
The City Hall also urged parents to have their children vaccinated to protect them against the threat of the Covid-19 virus.
This November, the city experienced a spike in daily cases to double-digits, while its active cases went up anew, all the way to triple digits.
On November 8, as of 10 pm, CHO reported that the city had recorded 16 new cases, with 148 active cases. Of these cases, 91 are admitted to private and public hospitals, while 57 are confined in the city’s isolation facilities. On the other hand, the city has also logged 14 new recoveries and one death.
Once again, CHO City Health Officer Dr. Rachel Dilla called on those who have yet to be vaccinated to secure their shots, especially boosters shots, for added protection from the virus. – WhatALife!/Zed
Also read: CdeO reports 25 new COVID-19 cases; active cases at 159
Leave a Reply