As of 9:30 AM today, the Philippines ranks 5th place with 40 gold, 57 silver, and 79 bronze medals at the 31st SEA Games in Hanoi, Vietnam.
The 31st Southeast Asian Games started last May 12, 2022 and will end on May 23, 2022.
The Philippines hopes to defend its overall title after winning 149 gold, 117 silver, and 121 bronze medals in the 2019 Sea Games.
However, as this year’s host, Vietnam hopes to dominate after finishing second in the 2019 Games in Manila with 98 gold, 85 silver, and 105 bronze medals.
Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Singapore are also vying for top spots, while Myanmar, Cambodia, Brunei, Laos, and Timor Leste round out the field.
Here are the Philippines’ gold medalists:
- Mary Francine Padios – pencak silat, seni tunggal
- Jack Escarpe – kurash, men’s -73kg
- Carlos Yulo – artistic gymnastics, men’s individual all-around
- Gina Iniong – kickboxing, women’s 60kg low kick
- Jean Claude Saclag – kickboxing, men’s 63.5kg low kick
- Fernando Casares – triathlon, men’s division
- Kim Mangrobang – triathlon, women’s division
- Samantha Catantan – fencing, women’s individual foil
- Meggie Ochoa – jiu-jitsu, women’s 45kg
- Annie Ramirez – jiu-jitsu, women’s -62kg
- EJ Obiena – athletics, men’s pole vault
- Aleah Finnegan, Chiara Andrew, Charlie Manzano, Lucia Gutierrez, Kursten Lopez, Cristina Loberanes – gymnastics, women’s team all-around
- Agatha Wong – wushu, women’s taijijian
- Kim Mangrobang – duathlon, women’s division
- Carlos Yulo – artistic gymnastics, men’s floor exercise
- Aleah Finnegan – artistic gymnastics, women’s vault
- Arnel Mandal – wushu, men’s sanda 56kg
- Carlos Yulo – artistic gymnastics, men’s still rings
- William Morrison – athletics, shot put
- Stephanie de Leon and Michael Angelo Marquez – dancesport, Latin dance
- Merwin Tan – bowling, men’s singles
- Carlos Yulo – artistic gymnastics, men’s vault
- Carlos Yulo – artistic gymnastics, men’s horizontal bar
- Clinton Kingsley Bautista – athletics, men’s 110m hurdles
- Jocel Lyn Ninobla – taekwondo, women’s individual poomsae
- Sean Mischa Aranar and Ana Leonila Nualla – dancesport, Viennese waltz
- Sean Mischa Aranar and Ana Leonila Nualla – dancesport, tango
- Sean Mischa Aranar and Ana Leonila Nualla – dancesport, five standard dances
- Mark Jayson Gayon and Mary Joy Renigen – dancesport, slow foxtrot
- Chloe Isleta – swimming, women’s 200m backstroke
- Rubilen Amit – billiards, women’s nine-ball singles
- Richein Yosorez and Islay Erika Bomogao – muay thai, women’s waikru mai muay
- Eric Cray – athletics, 400m hurdles
- Kurt Barbosa – taekwondo, men’s kyorugi -54kg
- Johann Chua – billiards, men’s nine-ball singles
- Pia Bidaure, Abby Bidaure, and Phoebe Amistoso – archery, women’s team recurve
- Kayla Richardson – athletics, women’s 100m
- Sibol’s GrindSky Eris: Charize Doble, Christine Natividad, Rose Ann Robles, Giana Llanes, April Sotto, and Angel Lozada – esports, women’s League of Legends: Wild Rift
- Christian Dychangco, Ivan Malig, Patrick Nuqui, and Merwin Tan – bowling, men’s team
- Rena Furukawa – judo, women’s -57kg
For more 31st SEA Games 2022 updates, follow us today! – WhatALife!
Also read: 31st SEA Games 2022 medal tally