The GSIS Educational Subsidy Program (GESP) is a form of financing given to qualified program recipients and their dependents. They can be enrolled in a private or state college or university registered in the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) of any year level.
Benefits of the GSIS Educational Subsidy Program (GESP)
The scholarship program offers recipients a subsidy of One Thousand Pesos (Php 1,000) per academic year, which shall not exceed Ten Thousand Pesos (Php 10,000) per year.
This grant is non-transferable.
What are the qualifications?
Active GSIS members may nominate provided that:
- They have permanent employment status.
- Their salary is at grade (SG) 24 or below or its equivalent job level.
- Their GSIS account is in good standing and has no loan amortizations that are underpaid or unpaid by more than three (3) months.
- GSIS members have college student dependents in any year level who are accepted in or taking up 4- or 5-year courses in any SUC, LUC, or private college recognized by CHED.
What are the requirements?
- Duly accomplished GESP APPLICATION FORM;
- Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) issued birth certificates of the dependent (original or certified true copy).
- A school’s certificate stating the student has been accepted and enrolled for the current academic year, along with the course, the length of the program, and the student’s year level.
- Certificate of Service or Employment (if applicable).
- A report card or academic certification demonstrates that the applicant’s dependant has a general weighted average of at least 80%, with no failing grades and incomplete marks in any subject.
How to apply for the GSIS Educational Subsidy Program (GESP)?
Step-by-step process on how to apply:
- Fill in the Application Form.
- Requirements must be submitted to the nearest GSIS office or via email at email@example.com.
- The eligible member shall be notified by CCO and/ or the branch offices through phone, mail, and/or text message of the evaluation result. Official GSIS Social Media accounts and the GSIS website shall also post the list of qualified students.
- Following the first publication date, the member and student/recipient have sixty (60) days to submit the required documents to the local GSIS office.
For New Student Grantee:
- Duly notarized and signed agreement
- Information Sheet with 2pcs. 2×2 I.D. latest pictures
- LBP Account Number
For Old Student Grantees:
- Certified True Copies of each student’s last term grades.
- Certificate of Registration of the current term.
*Failure to submit said requirements within the prescriptive period shall render the subsidy forfeited.
When is the deadline?
The deadline for application ends on August 31, 2022. Applicants must submit the requirements and complete the online form on or before the deadline.
Those who have inquiries on the GESP may visit the GSIS website (www.gsis.gov.ph) or call the GSIS Contact Center at the following hotline numbers:
- 8847-4747 (if in Metro Manila)
- 1-800-8-847-4747 (Globe and TM subscribers)
- 1-800-10-847-4747 (Smart, Sun, and Talk ‘N Text subscribers)
Or visit the GSIS Facebook page (@gsis.ph); email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prospective applicants may coordinate with the GSIS Corporate Social Advocacies and Public Relations Facilities Department at email@example.com or (02) 8479-3571 to 72.
Good luck! – WhatALife!