Are you a first time jobseeker working on collecting your required documents for employment? DOLE is offering employment requirements for FREE!
The “First Time Jobseekers Assistance Act,” also known as RA No. 11261, intends to waive government fees on documents necessary in the application for employment of first-time jobseekers.
DOLE NorthMin, in collaboration with several local and national government agencies, undertakes a One-Stop-Shop activity to supply public services as stated under its implementation.
Government documents covered include the following:
- Police clearance certificate
- National Bureau of Investigation clearance
- Barangay Clearance
- Birth Certificate
- Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Marriage Certificate
- Transcript of records issued by state universities and colleges
- A medical certificate from a public hospital provided that the charges collected for the laboratory tests and other medical procedures necessary for the issue of a medical certificate are not free of charge.
- Employers may also request additional government-issued documentation of job seekers.
Proof of eligibility
A barangay certification declaring that the applicant is a first-time job seeker from the Philippines must be shown to government agencies by those who intend to use the benefits under this act.
The law applies to all Filipino youth, not just fresh graduates.
Benefits provided under this statute are valid a year after obtaining the barangay certification.
The Revised Penal Code imposes penalties on people who fabricate or falsify their documents and are found guilty.
The professional license examination application fee for the Professional Regulation Commission, the driver’s license application for the Land Transportation Office, the career service examination fee for the Civil Service Commission, and the application for the authentication of a Philippine passport are all exempt from the waiver of payments provided by this act.
The said One-Stop-Shop, delivering public services under RA No. 11261 for first-time job seekers assistance, will be happening on August 23, 2022, at the Second Level Event Center, LimKetkai Mall.
See you there! –WhatALife!/Brix